Thread: My Night/Day on Paroxetine

Exclamation My Night/Day on Paroxetine

Friday, what a wonderful day to be prescribed new medication...
    I've been "dealing" with anxiety for many years, roughly 6-7 and until recently I've had a pretty good handle on it.

So, yesterday I was prescribed Paroxetine and Bupropion for anxiety and depression. Bupropion in the morning after waking up and Paroxetine before bed.
    Well seeing as I didn't get prescribed the meds until late at night, I've only taken Paroxetine. I "woke up", (I use quotations because I don't think I actually got into deep sleep) at 3:30am/4am with increased heart rate at the slightest movements, possibly due to anxiety, severe nausea and vomiting of bile and very jittery.

This lead me to refusing to take my Bupropion this morning, because it's the same type of medication and I'm terrified of amplifying the problems I'm having on just Paroxetine.

I'm pretty afraid of the symptoms I've got right now and it only being the first day, and as it's Saturday my doctor's is closed so I can't ask them if these are normal symptoms. So, my question is, have any of you on Paroxetine had these same symptoms your first day and should I be at ease to do as my doctor prescribed.

(I have other medications I take as I've got low blood pressure and GERD and the low blood pressure medication Florinef apparently interacts with Bupropion so whoopee, scary)

Re: My Night/Day on Paroxetine

What dose are you starting Paroxetine on? If it's 20mg i recommend cutting it in half for a couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by BikerMatt View Post
    What dose are you starting Paroxetine on? If it's 20mg i recommend cutting it in half for a couple of weeks.
    Thanks for the reply.

The doctor has me on 30mg but cut in half for the first week so I'm currently only taking 15mg which I thought was already a decent cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Adareloa View Post
    Thanks for the reply.

The doctor has me on 30mg but cut in half for the first week so I'm currently only taking 15mg which I thought was already a decent cut.
    That's fine then. When i was taking it, i started on 20mg and couldn't handle it, so started on 10mg. I hope you get on starting on 15mg ok, if not you could cut your 30mg into a 1/3

Persevere!!! Take the Seroxat in the morning as it stimulates you a bit. I have come off Seroxat and I miss it. 10mg/15mg may be strong enough for the first couple of weeks x

---------- Post added at 11:43 ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 ----------

Try 10mg for the first week......and deep breaths x

Thread Information