Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: About to start Cipralex

Re: About to start Cipralex

Hello NervousKel,

I am doing alright I guess. It is my 3rd day on the Lexapro/Citalopram and it has been rough at times.

My doctor had given me other choices as well, but I wanted to start with Lexapro because I heard that it does a very good job for anxiety/panic.

I talked to the doctor again today and he reassured once more that it will be ok to take them together, so I will do that starting tomorrow.

I will say that the roughest part is the Stomach Pain/Upset/Nausea from the pills. I am in constant upset, have no appetite at all and because of that i get all jittery as well. I hope that it will not last too long... I am supposed to up the dosage to 10 mg in 4 days and see how it goes.

There are many times that I feel like I want to give up, but I am trying to think that I have to be patient and things will get better after a while.

Thanks for all the responses
    John

Hi Johnny
    Funny how it affects different people.
    I didn't have any of that.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

How are you doing now, John? I'm hoping no news is good news:-).

I switched my meds this morning, and started on 5 mg. of the Escitalopram. So far, no side effects except a very minor stomach ache about two hours after I took the pill, probably due to taking it on an empty stomach.

I plan on taking the 5 mg. for 5 more days, and then moving up to the 10 mg.

Yes, different people get affected in different ways.

I have a few issues with the pill, but I am trying to hang in there until I see the benefits that it has to offer. What I have been noticing is a little bit of an increase of my anxiety before taking the pill, which might be in my head as well.

For me, the most annoying side effect is the stomach pain/upset/nausea. it is possible that I am so affected by it because I already have GI issues(gastritis,IBS,GERD), and also because I am scared of taking the Nexium to help the situation. I tend to listen to Dr. Google a lot and I read that it can double the concentrations in the blood, so that scared me on not taking it.

Today is my last day on 5mg and I will be switching to 10 mg tomorrow. It has been a rough week on the 5 mg, but it passed and I hope that things will get better soon.

Johnny

That's a good attitude to have :-). One week down, and you're that much closer to having the Escitalopram start to kick in.

How is it going now that you've moved up to 10 mg?

Tomorrow was supposed to be my last day at 5 mg, but I've decided to hold off a bit. I can handle the side effects I'm having now, but I'm nervous about what will happen when I move up to 10.

Hey there

So, today I am on my 3rd day on the 10 mg. The first day at 10 mg was very smooth. I was super tired and sleepy all day long. Now the 2nd and 3rd day have been a little bit more difficult for me.

I do experience a little bit of an increase of anxiety(not too much though), but the worse for me is the nausea that its causing. Day 7 on 5 mg most of the side effects were kinda gone, but I had to move up.

I understand that you are nervous, but I am sure you will do totally fine! If I can do it, that was always scared of pills, you will do it as well Just hang in there and remember that it gets a bit worse before getting better!

If you need anything else, let me know!

It sounds like you are doing really well:-)!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information