Thread: Sertraline

Sertraline

Hey,

Wondered if anyone is on sertraline, I’ve been prescribed 50mg but have had them sitting in cupboard for 3 weeks now and worried to take them due to the initial side effects, can anyone share their experience with sertraline?

Thanks

Re: Sertraline

I will be watching this thread with great interest as I should be on these tablets. They are currently sat in the cupboard but I was previously too scared to take them after reading the side effects.

Something to note though, all medication including paracetamol ibuprofen etc have side effects listed that are pretty nasty. But to prevent lawsuits companies list every single potential side effect however rare they are..

I have decided to take the tablets from today, 50mg for first 10 days then 100mg. I will let you know how I get on if you haven’t decided whether to take them or not lol.

Quote Originally Posted by HA1989 View Post
    I will be watching this thread with great interest as I should be on these tablets. They are currently sat in the cupboard but I was previously too scared to take them after reading the side effects.

Something to note though, all medication including paracetamol ibuprofen etc have side effects listed that are pretty nasty. But to prevent lawsuits companies list every single potential side effect however rare they are..

I have decided to take the tablets from today, 50mg for first 10 days then 100mg. I will let you know how I get on if you haven’t decided whether to take them or not lol.
    Yes that’s the same as me my biggest was reading the leaflet! Especially when you already have servere anxiety haha.
    But I guess you’re right it has to list every possible side effect!
    I think I’m going to take the leap and take my first one today....

Quote Originally Posted by Ricyle29 View Post
    Yes that’s the same as me my biggest was reading the leaflet! Especially when you already have servere anxiety haha.
    But I guess you’re right it has to list every possible side effect!
    I think I’m going to take the leap and take my first one today....
    I have severe health anxiety and I’m just so sick of it. I’ve done everything from acupuncture to meditation to hypnotherapy to CBT plus more..

Still every twitch or pain gets my anxiety going so I’ve decided it is finally time

Plus my mental health support would be coming to an end as they really don’t feel I can be helped without the tablets. I have a couple of friends on them and they didn’t have too bad side effects (one slightly sweaty palms and another had a dodgy stomach for a few days).

Good luck whatever you choose to do x

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by HA1989 View Post
    I have severe health anxiety and I’m just so sick of it. I’ve done everything from acupuncture to meditation to hypnotherapy to CBT plus more..

Still every twitch or pain gets my anxiety going so I’ve decided it is finally time

Plus my mental health support would be coming to an end as they really don’t feel I can be helped without the tablets. I have a couple of friends on them and they didn’t have too bad side effects (one slightly sweaty palms and another had a dodgy stomach for a few days).

Good luck whatever you choose to do x
    Oh no - I can feel your pain as I’m so fed up with it too and feel like I can’t enjoy anything anymore without worrying!!

I am still waiting for my cbt appointments so maybe wise to start the tablets before that gets going.

Thanks for your help and wish you the best of luck. x

Thread Information