Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Hugs for Nic and Alex(NMP) please

Re: Hugs for Nic and Alex(NMP) please

Ok we are back home again now with Walnut

She has Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy which is basically a disease of the heart muscle that causes excessive thickness of the heart muscle and a reduced heart chamber size

She has been heavily sedated this afternoon for all the test so can't stand or walk at the moment and keeps falling over so is not a very happy puss.

She will basically have to be on heart tablets (beta-blockers would you believe) for the rest of her life. This will be fun trying to give her those 3 times a day every day

She has to go back Friday for a check-up but for now is back home safe with us.

Fortunately we have pet insurance as the cost for last night was £160 and we just paid another £600 for the tests today.

The drugs are approximately £320 a year !!

I need to work out how much we can claim from the pet insurance but thank goodness we had it.

My advice to anyone with a pet is get insurance !! Walnut costs us £10 a month as she is a pedigree whereas Treacle is only £5. That cost per year is nothing compared to the cost over the last day and the ongoing treatment costs.

Thanks for all the hugs - Walnut appreciates them too cos she is feeling very sorry for herself at the moment

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thats great news Nic that Walnut is home!

Hope she makes a speedy recovery.

Gosh i cant believe the cost of vet treatment , just getting a new puppy myself i think i had better sort out some insurance straight away.

Hugs

Andrea
    xxxxx

Aww Nic, really glad Walnut is home I hope she picks up soon

Take care, all of you

Lou xxx

Mate, so glad she is home now even if she is a bit wobbly bless her.

You know its going to cost you a fortune in tuna to get those pills into her everyday don't you lol

Love

Trac xxx
    People change, Things go wrong,
    I just remembered...Life Goes On

Nic, so glad Walnut is home. I can't imagine giving a cat a pill as I have a hard enough time giving our dog a heartworm pill every month! I'm so glad she will be okay though with the meds. I never considered pet insurance but I'm checking into it, thanks for the advice. Hope this helps take some of the load off your shoulders.

Huge hugs,

Laura

Glad everything is ok and walnut is getting better.

love

bobsy

Walnut says hi and thanks for all the well-wishes...

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Glad Walnut is home, pets are a worry at times but well worth it, glad you have insurance they are a costly business. Could try hiding the tablet in cheese, used to work when we had cats.

Hugs to you,

Lynnann

Lynnann

Glad Walnut is home safe and sound.

More hugs for you and Walnut

Karen xx

Thanks Lynn and Karen

We have got her some cheese spread to hide the tablets in and see how it goes!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information