Thread: Swollen feeling stomach pressing up into diaphragm

Swollen feeling stomach pressing up into diaphragm

We went to a party yesterday - no alcohol - it was an afternoon party in the garden, and had a lovely time. Later on that evening I started to get a very swollen feeling stomach which felt rock hard and it felt as if I couldn't breathe properly, as if my stomach was pressing upwards into my lungs area stopping them from inflating properly. I wonder if it could have been due to swallowing lots of air because I was trying to eat whilst being asked questions at the same time and having to talk? Or it could also have been due to eating one or two types of food I don't normally have which caused air in my stomach? It was very unpleasant and frightening and even going to bed didn't bring any relief. Fortunately all was back to normal when I woke up this morning. Has anyone else felt like this? Is there a remedy? Thanks for any help. Brandy Snap

Re: Swollen feeling stomach pressing up into diaphragm

Hi Brandy..

I have the same thing and even posted about it..

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18318

x

Panic attacks started in 1992. 1998 i became agoraphobic which lead into being room bound. Couldn't even get upstairs. 2002 i started getting better, able to drive and work. 2005 i became house bound again. 2009 i have been making SLOW progress, still not able to go anywhere alone, but my journeys are getting longer. No where near 'normal' but at least i can go out.

Re: Swollen feeling stomach pressing up into diaphragm

Yep, ate to fast or too much..happens to me all the time especailly when im on the computer.Ill be trying to type something or someone or work on something ..I will eat too fast or too much or both and all of a sudden presto instant feeling just like you have..

Happens alot..52 years you bet you ..LOL.. Need to eat less at one time smaller meals and slow.Take your time.I know you wanted to enjoy yourself and hurry but well you pay for it..But of course could be that you were anxious to start with and it gives you the same feeling when you eat..

I should know i used to and still do get this every once in awhile and feel like im choking as well.. Take care it will be ok.. Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy snap View Post
    We went to a party yesterday - no alcohol - it was an afternoon party in the garden, and had a lovely time. Later on that evening I started to get a very swollen feeling stomach which felt rock hard and it felt as if I couldn't breathe properly, as if my stomach was pressing upwards into my lungs area stopping them from inflating properly. I wonder if it could have been due to swallowing lots of air because I was trying to eat whilst being asked questions at the same time and having to talk? Or it could also have been due to eating one or two types of food I don't normally have which caused air in my stomach? It was very unpleasant and frightening and even going to bed didn't bring any relief. Fortunately all was back to normal when I woke up this morning. Has anyone else felt like this? Is there a remedy? Thanks for any help. Brandy Snap

Thread Information