Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crackling popping noise in throat. Sounds like popping candy. Have a viral uri

Crackling popping noise in throat. Sounds like popping candy. Have a viral uri

Have some sort of viral thing going on and I’m getting crazy popping crackling noises in my throat when I’m laying down. Doesn’t seem to be on inhale or exhale but only right at the end of exhale or in between breaths.

Sounds like pop rocks... Anyone have this or ever had it?
    Chest X-ray yesterday was clear and doctor said lungs sounded good but today the weird noises started and everything I read about crackling noises refers to the lungs and is scary as crap.

Re: Crackling popping noise in throat. Sounds like popping candy. Have a viral uri

Well you have had all the tests etc.

Do you suffer with anxiety?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Crackling popping noise in throat. Sounds like popping candy. Have a viral uri

Yes... used to be pretty bad. Just opened a new office that had some water damage then got this upper respitory virus and have convinced myself it’s mold growing in my lungs and every other stupid thing in the world.

Went to the ER yesterday with 101 temp and felt like couldn’t get a full breath , this was before the noise started had blood test, fluids, chest X-ray that was clear and he said my lungs sounded fine yesterday they said I had viral respitory thing.

Been checking my damn temp every 45 min it’s been about 99.7 but this noise in my throat after exhaling is driving me crazy everything I read online about crackling noises says pneumonia but my chest X-ray yesterday was clear. Then this started today and have gone into anxiety mode googling everything in the world. I thought I was over this crap, now I’ve convinced myself I’m dying again. Anxiety sucks!

Anyone every have the popping crackling noise in their throat with an URI/viral illness? Wife thinks it’s just phlegm in my throat causing the noise but I don’t know.

Yep. I got it for the first time about a month ago with an upper respiratory bug. It's long gone but I can still hear the little bit of crackling when I'm laying down. Never had this on my life. I'm not sick, no fever, but still crackling just a little bit.

Oh my gosh... thank you! I know in like 5 minutes I’m going to start thinking I have pneumonia again but it makes me feel a little better to know someone else had the weird crackling popping noise.

I feel like such an idiot getting this worked up, I’ve literally been taking my temp all day watching it go up .1 at a time to 99.9 and freaking out. Really thought I had this health anxiety under control.

Quote Originally Posted by NancyW View Post
    Yep. I got it for the first time about a month ago with an upper respiratory bug. It's long gone but I can still hear the little bit of crackling when I'm laying down. Never had this on my life. I'm not sick, no fever, but still crackling just a little bit.
    When it was worst was it pretty constant? Mine is after almost every exhale, sounds like popping rock candy or Rice Krispies in my throat. Friking weird.

I had a chest infection last year and had the crackling in the chest, it lasted a couple of weeks.

I also had pneumonia several years back with the same thing, but even pneumonia is treated with a simple course of antibiotics (or two). It's only a problem if you're very young or old with a compromised immune system.

Stop checking, that means your temperature, google, everything! Rest, drink plenty and let your body heal.

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    I had a chest infection last year and had the crackling in the chest, it lasted a couple of weeks.

I also had pneumonia several years back with the same thing, but even pneumonia is treated with a simple course of antibiotics (or two). It's only a problem if you're very young or old with a compromised immune system.

Stop checking, that means your temperature, google, everything! Rest, drink plenty and let your body heal.
    They didn’t give me antibiotics said it was viral and when I went in chest X-ray was clear and doctor said lungs sounded good.... the crackling started the next day so now I don’t know what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by anxdesert View Post
    They didn’t give me antibiotics said it was viral and when I went in chest X-ray was clear and doctor said lungs sounded good.... the crackling started the next day so now I don’t know what to do.
    Like I said, I had the crackling with a (viral) chest infection last year, and it lasted a couple of weeks. I had crackling when I went to the GP and he still said it was viral.

If you see no improvement in 4-5 days then maybe go back to the GP, but you've already been told it's viral and your chest has been looked at.

The crackling is just phlegm in your airways.

Thanks man... just panicking cause of the mold thing and don’t want to have pneumonia.... keep trying to tell myself something would of shown up on X-ray and that it couldn’t have gotten that bad in one day for them to miss it it’s just hard to convince mys of that all that crackling is just phlegm in my throat.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information