Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Would a blood test show Lymphoma or other blood cancers (other illness worries also

Would a blood test show Lymphoma or other blood cancers (other illness worries also

I was just wondering, I had a bloods done in both October and February. Each time they came back good. In the ones I got done in October my iron levels and vitamin b12 were low but they had gone up in my February ones.

I was at the Doctor a few weeks ago to discus a issues with my collarbone. She gave me some physical exams like moving eyebrows and a few others. She also had a good feel around. She gave me some cream and said she didn't feel anything. Yet I feel like the pain in my collarbone is mostly gone but it's a issue with my neck now and behind my ear. I feel like there's lumps and it's hard lump behind my ear. I have a lot of pain in my neck but I know this can be from tension but it's worse than anything I've ever felt before. I was sick with a cold/virus a few weeks back because there was one going around college. I also had a lot of tension headaches and head pressure which is kinda on and off now but returns every now and again.

I also feel like my body takes ages to heal and gets more badly bruised then ever. I also feel so exhausted a lot of the time. I know a lot of people post about these fear but I've tried everything to stop worrying yet I can't. My chest has started to hurt and my breathing a issues but I think that's to do with my anxiety.

I've been worrying about something being missed non-stop. I can't discus anything with my family or friends because they are already at their wits end with me. I did have another post on this but I was kinda having a melt down so I did delete it. Which I know isn't right and I thank every one who did reply but it was hard for me to look back at myself in such a break down and I was worried it would set things off even worse again.

Thank you for reading and for any reply

Re: Would a blood test show Lymphoma or other blood cancers (other illness worries al

You deleted your other thread because as you said, "Worried about mental state when reviewing it" yet you immediately started another one. If you're concerned about your mental state, wouldn't it be prudent to look into getting help with that?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Re: Would a blood test show Lymphoma or other blood cancers (other illness worries al

A blood test would have shown something. My father in law had leukemia and it was glaringly obvious in his blood work

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    You deleted your other thread because as you said, "Worried about mental state when reviewing it" yet you immediately started another one. If you're concerned about your mental state, wouldn't it be prudent to look into getting help with that?

Positive thoughts
    Well, I have been going to therapy for about a year now. I had some under lining issues with my mental health issue I had to deal with. I've tried discussing health anxiety more in my last few session. As I found this issue is staring to over-take my life more than the issues I originally went for. I tried to make a sooner appointment to see my therapist today but she's away on holidays until 11th of June! I know it isn't healthy coping reasons and I am ashamed of that.

---------- Post added at 02:02 ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by utrocket09 View Post
    A blood test would have shown something. My father in law had leukemia and it was glaringly obvious in his blood work
    I'm very sorry to hear that about your father in law, thank you taking the time to reply!

Quote Originally Posted by SarahNah View Post
    I know it isn't healthy coping reasons and I am ashamed of that.
    If you know this isn't healthy for you (and it isn't), what strategies that you learned in therapy that last year could you employ to help you cope better until your next appointment?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Blood tests don’t always show something is wrong. My doctor told me that.

Quote Originally Posted by swajj View Post
    Blood tests don’t always show something is wrong. My doctor told me that.
    They do show up blood cancers though.

Fairly certain both Lymphoma and Leukemia would be found in a blood test.

(Not a doctor or medical advice).

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    If you know this isn't healthy for you (and it isn't), what strategies that you learned in therapy that last year could you employ to help you cope better until your next appointment?

Positive thoughts
    The issue I was there weren't really anxiety based but I did learn about calming and reasoning. I've tried using them but over the last few days it didn't really help. I'm put more effort into it today and I'm feeling more positive.

---------- Post added at 13:28 ---------- Previous post was at 13:26 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by WiseMonkey View Post
    They do show up blood cancers though.
    Like, I know they wouldn't show everything but I was thinking at least they would show a issue like these? Like I also had the physical like I said above. I'm probably reading to much into the issues and making non-sinister things into something sinister. Like I know this sounds silly but I don't want to google it but is Lymphoma a type of blood cancer? I don't want to look it up because I know I'll be down that rabbit hole again and I don't want to start things off like that today.

---------- Post added at 13:31 ---------- Previous post was at 13:28 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ThroatGoat View Post
    Fairly certain both Lymphoma and Leukemia would be found in a blood test.

(Not a doctor or medical advice).
    Like I do know that the test wouldn't outright say that was the issue but I'm just trying to believe if there was something up it would have clued into that a little bit? Like I'm trying to tell myself that most of the neck pain/stiffness is coming from muscle tension at most and maybe I pulled a muscle somehow. That there isn't anything that lumpy there or if it is it isn't anything serious or sinister anyway.

I guess I can give myself some piece of mind about the Leukemia in a way but Lymphoma keeps coming up again and again in my mind. It's exhausting if I'm not worried about that my mind goes to some other issues.

Quote Originally Posted by SarahNah View Post
    I was just wondering, I had a bloods done in both October and February. Each time they came back good. In the ones I got done in October my iron levels and vitamin b12 were low but they had gone up in my February ones.

I was at the Doctor a few weeks ago to discus a issues with my collarbone. She gave me some physical exams like moving eyebrows and a few others. She also had a good feel around. She gave me some cream and said she didn't feel anything. Yet I feel like the pain in my collarbone is mostly gone but it's a issue with my neck now and behind my ear. I feel like there's lumps and it's hard lump behind my ear. I have a lot of pain in my neck but I know this can be from tension but it's worse than anything I've ever felt before. I was sick with a cold/virus a few weeks back because there was one going around college. I also had a lot of tension headaches and head pressure which is kinda on and off now but returns every now and again.

I also feel like my body takes ages to heal and gets more badly bruised then ever. I also feel so exhausted a lot of the time. I know a lot of people post about these fear but I've tried everything to stop worrying yet I can't. My chest has started to hurt and my breathing a issues but I think that's to do with my anxiety.

I've been worrying about something being missed non-stop. I can't discus anything with my family or friends because they are already at their wits end with me. I did have another post on this but I was kinda having a melt down so I did delete it. Which I know isn't right and I thank every one who did reply but it was hard for me to look back at myself in such a break down and I was worried it would set things off even worse again.

Thank you for reading and for any reply
    Think of it this way: you have literally more chance to be struck by a thunderbolt than to BOTH doctors and lab technicians should miss something sinister. Moreover, remember that anxiety also causes wide range of physical symptoms as well (including aches, pains, fatigue, breathlessness, panic attacks and so on) - you said it yourself, as soon as you felt "more positive", you improved your way of thinking as well. Just keep up the good work and physical symptoms will subside as well.

One more thing - some bodies take more time to heal. It is natural - it does not mean you have leukemia or diabetes or whatever. We are all different - for example, my wounds/scratches/bruises heal super fast, but I need (due to my chronic sinus issues) at least 10 days to properly recover from a cold, while other people get well much, much faster.

Margaret Thatcher

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information