Thread: HA and dizziness

HA and dizziness

I’m confused...
    Had an acute period of HA with physical symptoms that seemed to travel around my body, each time I paid privately to be reassured it was OK. Left with residual dizziness - I want to break the cycle so trying to reassure myself this is just another anxiety symptom and deal with it. I’ve tried yoga, acupuncture and had CBT.
    I’ve seen my GP and no obvious medical reason, including a blood test, all clear.
    It’s worth mentioning, no dizziness at night, sleeping very well, no dizziness when driving or when I’m distracted... appetite fine and some days I’m convinced it’s gone and that’s when it reappears! It seems worse when I’m walking as I focus on it... I know this and yet I can’t rationalise that it’s nothing.
    My CBT man says that I’ve laid down a neural pathway that my brain is now following...
    The annoying part is, I feel fine! It is simply this residual dizziness that’s causing me anxiety... ironic huh?
    Please help, is there light at the end of this tunnel?!

Re: HA and dizziness

Just the fact that it doesn’t happen when you are distracted is reassuring. That tells me it is anxiety as your therapist suggested. If you could stop worrying about it, it would likely go away. I know that’s easier said than done though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had days affected by dizziness.It was horrible but it disappeared when I distracted myself or went to bed.I selfdiagnosed myself once with lack of magnesium(don't even go there).This is was when my dizziness was at worst and then my friend told me that overload of magnesium causes dizziness.This is just an example of my own stupidity.Anyway I am convinced that all over times dizziness was caused by anxiety.Once I accepted it with time it went away and I don't get it at all now.So is there a hobby or things you enjoy doing?Use this to keep you mind occupied.My therapist showed me a god trick on how to shift your attention to other things which I still use.E.g.rather then concentrating on a particular part of your own body that bothers you think about something that doesn't like your toe.Good luck.

Thank you both so much - it's funny you mention the magnesium thing as I take sssssoooo many supplements and I have stopped taken my contraceptive pill as another forum suggested.... my husband said if effort was a measure - then I deserve to be well...
    Since I posted this - I have had periods where I think it's better and then it returns - but generally I feel much better - I am hopeful that there is light at the end of this dizzy tunnel... still very frustrated

Thread Information