Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MS Diagnosis

Re: MS Diagnosis

Thanks, Hollow - I'm travelling well, and hope that treatment to come will be helpful.

Sorry to hear this Hanshan.

As others have said, you are so helpful and kind to so many on these boards with your advice and wisdom. I hope the NMP community can repay you in kind as I dare say they're others with MS here.

Best wishes,

Albert

I hope you are ok, hanshan. It must be very hard having to cope with your MS symptoms. I hope you will not have to wait too much longer for your hospital appointment with the MS team of experts.

Hi hanshan,

I'm really sorry to hear about this. I rarely look at this board and have only just seen this. I wondered why you weren't around as much but thought you may be taking a well deserved break and perhaps having some time reading through all the documents you scanned before you left Japan.

You have been one of the members on here that I have learnt the most from. There will be many members who have been appreciate of your advice on here. So, I hope we can give you some support back.

Take care. I hope you are getting the best possible care and that there are support groups if you need them.

Hi Albert, Pulisa and Terry - Thanks so much for your well wishes and support. It does mean a lot to me. There are thousands of people who visit NMP, so statistically (unfortunately) some of them will have MS. I hope my story can be of help to anyone who has, or fears they may have, MS. As I've said, anxiety and depression can be far worse. My appointment at the MS clinic is still about two weeks away on 26 June - I'm guessing that I will get a full assessment then or shortly after. I've been living with the illness slowly progressing over several years, so that's not new, but the diagnosis is, and the amazing thing of being able to look inside my head in great detail in the MRI scans! I'm determined to keep a glass half full approach, and I'll be sure to post after I have been to the clinic.

hanshan, do you think that your pregabalin is helping with your neurological symptoms and pain from the MS? I know that you haven taking it for a while and is it possible that it could have been containing some of the MS symptoms?

Hi Pulisa - I think it's definitely a possibility that pregabalin is helping in some way. I don't seem to have much in the way of nerve pain, although not everyone gets that. Nevertheless, it could be that pregabalin has been keeping that quiet. I do get painful leg cramps from time to time, but they only last a few seconds, and I find magnesium helps. Also, people with MS are more likely to experience anxiety and depression, but my mirtazapine/pregabalin combination is almost certainly helping to keep me on an even keel.

I'm glad that this combination has been so successful and beneficial for you, hanshan. It's not that long until your hospital appointment now and I do hope that you will helped and reassured by the expertise of the MS team.

Thanks, Pulisa. I'll post again after I come back from my appointment.

Please do, hanshan. I'm sure the first appointment will be a bit daunting and there will be a lot to take in and significant new people to meet but I do hope that you come away from the hospital feeling supported and strengthened by the MS team. I'm sure you will as their expertise in this area will be second to none.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information