Thread: Blood Test Results

Blood Test Results

Hi everyone,

I had a blood test done on Thursday morning, mainly to check my iron levels and B12 (female and vegan makes it difficult to keep these normal) and after I had had it done, the nurse said the results would be back in the week.

The following morning at about 8.30am, which is before the doctors even open, they called me and I missed it. They left a voicemail saying to call back to arrange an appointment. So eventually when I got through, I asked if the bloods were back and they said yes, then explained the voicemail and the receptionist checked with her colleagues, I heard her say "Is this the one..." before she put me on hold. She confirmed one had come back normal and the other I needed to discuss with a doctor.

I've now got a doctors appointment booked for next Tuesday but the fact that they called so soon has gotten me worried that it could be something untoward. And the wait is killing me.

Usually, I've been able to get a print out of the results prior to an appointment even if my iron and B12 levels have been flagged up, but I asked if that would be possible and she just replied "The doctor can give you one after discussing how to proceed".

Logically, I know it's probably just that I have vitamin deficiencies, but I can't shake the anxiety that it's something so much worse? I don't know why they'd call so soon after if it was just the usual things? I just can't get this under control and I'm struggling so much.

Re: Blood Test Results

Hello thatgirl101!

I had some bloods done a few weeks ago and I hate the waiting game too.. I realise you posted this a while ago now but wanted to know you aren't alone in feeling anxious about it and hope everything turned out good!

Re: Blood Test Results

I had this happen to me last week. I had follow up labs done and I had to come in for the results. I was a wreck!!! I had to wait several days so I gave in and called and BEGGED to have my results red to me over the phone. The receptionist just told me its nothing to panic over that a couple things were too low and one thing too high. I had my appointment and my iron was low and my platelets were a little high. So she put me on supplements and repeating the tests in 3 months.

Thread Information