Thread: Constant high blood protein ??

Constant high blood protein ??

Long story short my life has been a rollercoaster of emotions since February. Basically I had some funky lab work but doctors assured me I was ok. Later I noticed I had swollen lymph nodes in a few areas and was referred to oncologist. My excisional biopsy showed no cancer (yay) but oncologist still wants to follow me and I have another CT in July to see if my lymph nodes go down. But besides that....
    I’ve had quite a few CBC done this year. Like 4. And my only constant abnormality at this point is high blood protein. The normal range is like 6-8 but mine has been 8.7, 9.1, 8.2, and 8.5 in that order. Seems to go up down and back again. I’m only 25 but I constantly see in forums of people with high blood protein being diagnosed with multiple myeloma or MGUS which is a precursor to myeloma. No doctors I have seen have even mentioned this. But I’ve asked two doctors about it and they don’t seen concerned. One doctor even said it was just because I was younger. That doesn’t make sense. I did have somewhat of a high CRP of 7 but I didn’t think this would raise my overall protein. It may not seem like a lot over the normal level however I see lots of people online with the same amounts being diagnosed with the above. I didn’t ask the oncologist about it but she didn’t say anything about it either. I work in a medical office and I know I shouldn’t do this but when I’m in someone’s medical chart I constantly look at their labs and I never ever see anyone else with high blood protein so it scares me bad. Anyone else ever high blood protein? Thought I would be relieved with getting a benign biopsy but now this bothers me more! Bleh.

Re: Constant high blood protein ??

I had a CBC which showed high blood protein levels, my doctor wasn't concerned either. Not drinking enough water can cause this, most people are dehydrated and don't even know it.

Thread Information