Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Indigestion? Fearing Stomach cancer...

Stomach pains and bloating

Hi all,

I've been experiencing weird stomach issues for a few weeks now, starting about the time stress at work went crazy. I've had this happen before, but this time it appears to be focused on my upper stomach and not my bowels (where I normally see the results of stress).

I've been having the following:

• Stomach bloating
    • Stomach "fullness", like I just ate too much
    • Mild "pain", more like just an uncomfortable feeling
    • Some back pain on the left side, very mild and not constant
    • Some nausea/loss of appetite
    • Lots of burping/air

Basically my stomach is just sort of a mess. I've never had anything like ulcers or gastritis to my knowledge. I'm 36.

Of course I'm jumping to the WORST conclusions like stomach or pancreatic cancer. Just ask my hubby about that one.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to settle a nervous stomach?

I was proud of myself the other day when I cancelled my gastro appt, but now I'm doubting myself again. Didn't want to get all sorts of unnecessary tests this time and figured it would go away eventually.

So far it's been on and off for about 4 weeks. Of course the longer it goes on the more my imagination runs away with it...

Re: Stomach pains and bloating

I really feel for you. My stomach/bowels had been off for months, and it compounded my panic. I hadn't ever had anything investigated before so I had a colonoscopy yesterday mostly to check for colitis (although, in my mind, I diagnosed myself with far worse and even some completely made up conditions). Was given the all clear right after (although I am still waiting for the minor biopsies report).

In my case, it was worth going to the doctor just because it had gotten really bad and the symptoms were new. Had I gone even earlier, I could have gotten some meds that would have helped calm this symptom down before the crazy train left the station. Do you have something you can take to calm your stomach at least? Do you have anything that can help you with stress?

Other than that, I'd just reallllllly take it easy whenever you can. Lots of rest, restful exercise, relaxation techniques, calming strategies, etc. I decided to try to combat my initial anxiety by accidentally flooding myself with more triggers. Not a great idea, and now I know.

good luck!

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Maybe you have gastritis. I had same symptoms 2 weeks ago. I was throwing up. Dr said gastritis. I felt terrible. I believe mine came from stress taking too much advil and drinking to calm down. Gave me nexium. Worked. Stomach so much better. Hope you feel better soon.

Is there a time of day when it’s worse at all? Have you tried any indigestion remedies?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would say it's definitely somewhat worse at night before bed, but that's also when my stress is at its worst too with the kids and hubby being home and the bedtime madness.

What are some indigestion remedies? I've tried tums and they sort of helped, yesterday I ate smaller meals and that helped too. Obviously no caffiene or alcohol.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Also look at this thread you started regarding re assurance seeking, perhaps it will help. http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213500

Elen

Indigestion? Fearing Stomach cancer...

Hello all,

I've had feelings of indigestion for about 2 weeks now on and off. Mostly it presents as lots of burping, bloatedness, and a feeling of fullness like I just ate too much, some extra tummy gas as well. No real nausea but it certainly turns off my appetite obviously.

So far I've found that eating smaller meals has helped, it's not heartburn or reflux so no pain or burning. I can't find any medicines that help with it as most are geared towards acid indigestion.

My biggest fear is that this is a sign of stomach cancer or pancreatic cancer. :( I'm 36 with no family history or previous stomach problems. I remember feeling like this sometimes when I eat too fast or am really busy right after I eat and don't take time to digest. It's just weird that it's gone on so steadily for a couple weeks now. I have been really stressed at work, but I'd have to say this is a new stress reaction for me if it is related.

Anyone had this problem before? How did you treat it?

I'm getting checked out at the gastro next Monday btw.

Re: Indigestion? Fearing Stomach cancer...

Resurrecting this thread...

So I went to the gastro and he said he wasn't worried about anything, but referred me for an abdominal ultrasound and recommended I try the FODMAP diet. He might also put me on acid reducers but then sent me on my way without any for now.

He did ask the dreaded stomach C question, if I had any family history, and I said no which is correct. It made me nervous that he asked about it though. I didn't even want that to be part of his thought path!

Anyway, that was about 3 weeks ago now and I have my ultrasound this Saturday and follow up next week with gastro. I am SUPER NERVOUS. My stomach has not felt right for almost 2 months now - bloating, indigestion, crampy feelings, loose stools, some very mild pains, and just a "yuck" feeling.

It's not constant and hasn't gotten any worse yet, so I'm clinging to that and hoping that it's just anxiety or IBS. I wish it would go away entirely, but so far nothing I've done has really helped.

Except try to reduce my stress - which never happens for too long! I've noticed when I really focus on something else (REALLY focus, it's hard) I can get the symptoms to go away. The problem is I can never do that for very long so they just come back as soon as I think about it again. So then I feel like it was still there, I just wasn't paying attention at the moment. Argh. I'm so scared!

Re: Indigestion? Fearing Stomach cancer...

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Plus please revisit this previous post you made http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213500

Elen

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information