Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Just switched to Escitalopram: my experience

Re: Just switched to Escitalopram: my experience

Day 12: I slept again last night without taking a trazodone. I woke up several times, but always fell back asleep again.

Yesterday and today, I seem to be having an increase of anxiety in the morning.

I really wish the small 5 mg dose would start to kick in a little, so I at least know I'm on the right track. I also wish we weren't going on vacation at the end of the month, so I could move up doses sooner.

---------- Post added at 17:12 ---------- Previous post was at 14:08 ----------

I've been feeling very emotional this morning. I watched the movie Coco with my son, and bawled at the end; now, I've been reading a few updates on Facebook, and tearing up. I'm not at all depressed, or sad....just emotional.

---------- Post added at 20:58 ---------- Previous post was at 17:12 ----------

I've noticed this afternoon that I've been grinding my teeth and clenching my jaw. I think I remember doing that a lot when I started on citalopram, too.

I'm having an increase in anxiety this afternoon. Probably why I'm noticing my side effects/anxiety symptoms more: I'm thinking about it constantly today. Ugh.

Day 13: I had to take a trazadone last night to fall asleep.

Experienced the usual morning anxiety upon waking up.

I really wish I'd start to feel that it's working just a little bit. It's disheartening to know that I could end up going all the way up to 20 mg, and still have to switch to something else if it's not working.

Hey Kel! I have good days and bad too, seems like more bad than good right now. I pray every morning for just a couple good days so that I can handle the bad. But when I get a good day it seems to make the bad days that much harder. It makes you feel like you are taking 1 step forward and then 10 backward. I'm working so hard right now and I dont feel like I'm getting much of a reward yet. I'm a girl of instant gratification lol.

I've realized this medicine takes a lot of patience, patience that we dont have. I have to really dig deep some days.

I was so depressed yesterday about the news of Anthony Bourdains suicide. It ruined my whole day. Not because I obsess over celebrities lives, but because for the first time, I understand. I used to hear about suicide and say "how selfish, one person's pain gets passed on to 20".

It upset me so badly because I COULD understand and i COULD relate. I know how you could get so low. I dont want to know these things, I dont want to understand the pain, I want to go back to my happy life.

It was damn near perfect. Perfect husband, perfect daughter, perfect brand new home, perfect family. Why is that never enough?

Sorry for the long one, I just wanted to say that I'm determined to fight and claw my way back to there and I'm here to talk if you need anyone! I'm new at this, but I never judge!

Hi, Mommyof1!

Yes, Anthony Bourdain's suicide came as a shock. And then Kate Spade's a few days earlier. In some ways, I think the celebrities have it worse than the rest of us when it comes to mental illness; since any issues they have are splashed across the media. It seems like many of them have some type of mental illness, but you often don't hear about it unless they have a public breakdown or commit suicide :-(. I sometimes wonder if we'd all be better off if we'd be much more open about mental illness.

It sound like you are making improvements, with having some good days!! My days have been for the most part fairly even : anxiety most of the morning, then off and on in the afternoon, and gone in the evening. I did have a really good yesterday, which was so nice.

---------- Post added at 14:09 ---------- Previous post was at 14:03 ----------

Day 14: A breath of relief that the first two weeks are almost over. I've decided to stay on 5 mg until we're back from vacation late June, then I'll move up directly to the 10 mg.

I had a pretty good day yesterday. The usual morning anxiety, but it cleared up by early afternoon. I worked in the afternoon, and I'm sure being busy helped.

I slept great last night. Fell asleep early, and slept all night!! Needless to say, I didn't need to take a trazadone. I'm hoping this is a sign that the paltry 5 mg is working a bit. I will be very relieved if I'm having less anxiety when I do move up to the 10 mg.

I took my pill this morning, and about half an hour later started to have some stomach issues. I also noticed a definite increase in anxiety. I'm hoping this doesn't set the mood for the rest of the day, as we're having family over this afternoon for my daughters' birthday party.

Yes I agree about the celebrities! People share "awareness" posts for a couple days and then move onto the next thing that happens. Mental illness is not as widely accepted as it is spread among us. I had no idea, until I experienced it. I pray that we can all find peace again one day.

I woke up feeling decent today, I think its mostly because it's the first time my husband has been home in 10 days because of work. I usually wake up extremely anxious because fear of what the day will hold and how I'll be able to manage my 2 year old. But I think knowing that he is home to help, I didnt have so much anxiety. That or the meds are kicking in more. Either way, I'll take it.

As I mentioned above, maybe you've felt your increase in anxiety because of the anticipation of what is going to happen today. Will it go smooth? Will you handle it all? Just try to breath and tell yourself it's going to be an amazing day! :-) happy birthday to your little!

Mommyof1, I always feel better when my husband is home, too. He was on vacation last week, so that was really nice! We did some landscaping, so that helped keep me busy. Today, I don't have anything planned except I work a bit this evening, so now I'm at loose ends and already bored and slightly anxious. It's also raining out, so I don't know if I'll be able to go on my usual long walks.

Day 15: I actually had a good day yesterday! My anxiety was gone by early afternoon. I kept busy with family over, and then went for a long walk in the afternoon. My appetite was back almost all day.

Last night wasn't the greatest though. I had to take one trazadone to fall asleep.

I was so tempted this morning to take a 10 mg. pill, to get things moving along a bit faster. The only thing that stopped me was the knowledge than in less than two weeks we'll be on vacation. I'm impatiently waiting to see what my work schedule is for July, so I can try and time the best moment to move up to the 10 mg. I work very part time, so I'm hoping to time the increase to where I'm scheduled to work as little as possible;-).

I've felt really blah most of the day. Lots of thoughts about whether or not escitalopram will work for me, and at what dose. I even spent some time online researching what I can try next if this doesn't work;-).

Summer is usually my favorite time of year, but this year I can't even feel any happiness about it. I miss getting excited about things, and feeling contentment, and joy. I really hoped I'd perk up before our upcoming vacation, but it's becoming clear I'll probably be in a bit of a funk during it.

I hate that I'm spending so much time ruminating about my anxiety. What in the world did I think about before this anxiety hit me again;-)? I miss thinking only about random, every day things.

Day 16: Slept good last night; I did not need to take any trazadone.

I've got the usual morning anxiety. I'm also feeling very unmotivated today.

Day 17: After having the usual anxiety all morning yesterday, it totally disappeared around noon.

I then had a really great afternoon and evening. No anxiety. I was in a much better mood. I actually did some planning for our vacation. I felt happy, and hopeful for the future. I'm not sure if this means the escitalopram is working???

Then, I had a setback last night when I had to take one trazadone in order to sleep. I had really hoped after my good afternoon and evening that I'd have a good night. I think the expectation and hopefulness of that happening made my insomnia worse.

Still, overall it was a really good day. I feel better knowing I might actually have a good time on vacation.

I started at 10mgs hope to lose the waking up anxiety usually wake up at 7. I take one 50mg Trazadone. I live in Vermont and spend lots of time in my garden.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information