Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Just switched to Escitalopram: my experience

Re: Just switched to Escitalopram: my experience

I hate that waking up anxiety :-(. It makes it hard to get up. I will celebrate the day I wake up without having to deal with it.

I echo this. I can’t wait to not feel that feeling anymore

Keep going Kel! Today is day 23 for me and I haven't had morning anxiety the past 2 mornings, or the nausea. I have actually been eating too! Still a little anxiety through the day and it hasn't 100 percent helped with my panic about cancer, but I can tell its helping! I think once you bump up to 10 you'll be doing a lot better.

Mommyof1, it sounds like you are really making progress :-)!

I think it will help too when I move up to 10 mg. I really feel like I'm just killing time right now. I was so tempted to take 10 mg this morning, but then I remembered how not-so-fun vacation would be if I get bad side effects.

---------- Post added at 13:35 ---------- Previous post was at 13:30 ----------

Day 18: I did not need a trazodone to sleep last night; I guess I'm on the every other night plan for now;-). I actually fell asleep early (for me), and slept like a rock all night. I did wake up once, but conked right out again.

Yesterday afternoon, I had a strange headache. It didn't really hurt, but just felt weird? I was also a bit foggy brained. I can feel the headache lingering in the background again today.

This morning, I'm having some stomach upset, and a bit of mild nausea.

And, of course, my usual anxiety. This is getting old, real fast.

Day 19: I had a really great day yesterday. The stomach issues and anxiety were both gone by mid morning. I went shopping with my teen daughters, and had zero anxiety in the store:-). I felt back to my old self. My appetite was back in full.

Last night, I had bad insomnia. I took one trazadone; it took forever to work, but I didn't want to take a second one, so I didn't. I did eventually fall asleep.

This morning, I have a mild stomach upset and no appetite....but NO ANXIETY other than worry about the insomnia.

I do think the 5 mg is starting to work. If it wasn't for that darn insomnia, I would be giving serious thought to staying at this dosage.

Since I seem to be making some progress, when I move up doses in a week I've decided to try 7.5 mg instead of going direct to 10. Maybe that will be an effective dose for me; and, if not, it should make the side effects less severe than going straight on 10.

This is just brilliant to read!!! Thrilled for you. Is shopping something that’s normally an issue for you? It is for me!! Not whilst I was on escitalopram, but the past 3/4 weeks its an issue. I long for that feeling again....where I can just walk into a supermarket and feel ok/normal!

Wow kel,
    What a change in 3 days. I am so happy for you. I’m still struggling on day 15.
    Lynn

---------- Post added at 19:48 ---------- Previous post was at 19:46 ----------

Great Kel,
    What a difference in three days. I’m still struggling at day 15 on 10 Lexapro.

I guess I spoke to soon, as anxiety has reared it's head again this afternoon. No appetite, and my weird headache is lurking about, too. Plenty of worried thoughts going on, too.

Yesterday was so nice, it's a bummer to get those feelings back, but of course I can't expect things to be just wonderful from here on out.

---------- Post added at 22:25 ---------- Previous post was at 22:22 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mumzy View Post
    This is just brilliant to read!!! Thrilled for you. Is shopping something that’s normally an issue for you? It is for me!! Not whilst I was on escitalopram, but the past 3/4 weeks its an issue. I long for that feeling again....where I can just walk into a supermarket and feel ok/normal!
    Shopping's normally never an issue for me, or going anywhere else. Only these past two months, since my anxiety came back. Yesterday was a nice reminder of how it can be :-).

Day 21: Two nights in a row now where I haven't needed trazodone to sleep :-).

Still having morning anxiety. Yesterday, it disappeared around noon and I was great the rest of the day.

I'm feeling less anxious about moving up to 10 mg. It's easier for me to realize now that the side effects will be temporary. I'm having more positive thoughts in general yesterday and so far today.

This is great

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information