Thread: Possible thrombosed pile

Possible thrombosed pile

So today I'm having a wobble.

I'm trying to keep this in perspective but I'm getting increasingly anxious.

I have an external pile that pops out every few years. Normally it resolves itself.

Over the last 10 days I have had the most awful external pile. I used all sorts of over the counter creams. The pain and swelling was at it's worst last Saturday but now has improved. I'm left with a possible thrombosed pile. It's now just slightly uncomfortable, protruding and hard. I have small specks of blood on the tissue but not passing blood. This alone is freaking me out. How long would this take to resolve?

Can anyone share their pile stories to alleviate my ridiculous anxiety.

Thank you.

Re: Possible thrombosed pile

I had this happen before. Mine took a while but it finally stopped hurting and the swelling did go down. Mine bled though. I had to wear light pads because of it. I remember the pain was enough to keep me from walking around a lot. Hang in there abd feel better soon!

I had a lot of trouble with piles,it got so bad I had the operation to have two removed.
    It changed my life,would recommend it to anyone.

Hi Panacea

The following is from Patient UK Doctor

I hope you find it useful:

Thrombosed haemorrhoids[2]

These are extremely painful.

Conservative treatment includes analgesia, ice packs and stool softeners. A topical calcium antagonist may help to relieve pain.

If managed conservatively, symptoms usually settle within 10-14 days.

Hi
    I suffered with a thrombosed pile just after Christmas and obviously my HA dictated it was something else sinister and life threatening..However it WAS just a thrombosed pile and it was bloody painful!. To the point where I could bearly sit down and the pressure was immense. One night I went to the loo for a wee and it popped. It's not a pop like a balloon it's more slow release but it completely relieved the pain and pressure. So don't be alarmed if you see a blood clot or a lot more blood because it will just be the pile getting rid of the clot inside. It took a good few weeks for it to shrink back but the pain and bleeding stopped. I also used witch hazel on a cotton wool ball on it to keep it clean and encourage healing. I believe it worked for me but everyone's different. Hope this helps you stop worrying ��

Thank you all so much for replying.

I rarely post but feel so much better after reading your kind messages.

Thanks once again. x

Thread Information