Thread: Obsessing over is it anxiety or not

Obsessing over is it anxiety or not

Hi again. I do seem to constantly ruminate over how i,m feeling constantly. 24/7 i would say. Always anilizing my body for the difference in between feeling bad or feeling good. Like this morning anilizing again. The dreaded feeling in stomach the feeling of the worst is going to happen, thoughts that trigger it...you will always have this it will never go away. Then maybe 15mins later i might off done a mental compulsion not noing suddenly felt good. Anilizing the difference in feelings. Stomach was same maybe heart rate same but felt confident happier. That didn’t last long but this is every day. I actually do think it’s my work that makes me feel this way. It does seem to make me feel worse when i,m there thinking about it. I am reading a book about anxiety. How to rewire your brain.

Re: Obsessing over is it anxiety or not

Tell me about it, Homer. As a GAD sufferer this has been an issue from the beginning for me. It's not just about many triggers, it's the constant feelings and the mind drifting to focussing (and worsening) them.

A book I have on Mindfulness by professor Mark Williams talks about DOING & BEING modes in the brain. DOING mode is meant for task resolution and it's the one we are stuck in more than we were before we were anxious. BEING mode is our accepting mode where we just live and call in DOING mode as & when we need it.

This is why Mindfulness is such a helper, well one of the reasons, as it works us through exercises focussed on retraining how we monitor & engage with our thoughts, bodies, environment, etc.

I bet you have noticed how if you have a ton of life stress piled on you that all this gets more intense? And have you also noticed how at quieter times it's less intense?

And I can remember the negative thoughts about being cursed to live like this until the grave. You look back on these thoughts when further on in recovery knowing they were just part of the stage you were experiencing at the time.

Hi terry when you said then like your cursed until the grave, i have thought that. Will always have it. Recently it was in my dream until the day i die. In my dream i was tying to find away to die. It was just a dream. This wk my harm ocd or fear of people near me is very low. Doesn’t mean i,m jumping for how other worries take over but not as extreme as that one. Started reading yet another book which always takes me ages. How to rewire your brain. So far good. But sort of hard to understand the big words.

Yeah, it can be hard to concentrate with anxiety so reading is difficult. Sometimes it feels like it just won't go in and other times you find yourself re-reading sentences because you feel you need to. Do what you can, read a chapter at a time.

Thanks i will terry it does help actually just doing bits at a time. Yesterday at work as per usual i could feel the the harm creeping in. The actual thoughts i was getting was, Here it comes..i can feel it. (Scanning my body for evidence) Then i would say to myself: Just let it come and go, For some reason i was distracted then it sort of faded away. Doesn’t mean it’s gone for good but this time it didn’t stick like it usually does. About to set of for work no doubt it will come in now again. But i will be ok though.

Thread Information