Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Convinced I have Oral Cancer (lump on palate, neck, and ear ache)

Re: Convinced I have Oral Cancer (lump on palate, neck, and ear ache)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzinn View Post

Dentist appt Monday. We'll see what they say.
    They're the ones you need to see for this I think, far more knowledge about the oral region than regular doctors (except ENTs perhaps).

I had OC screening the other week and was glad when they said there were no red flags.

I've got really similar symptoms as you. I'm so scared that I have a slow growing but deadly cancer.

My symptoms:
    - hard lump under ear between jaw and neck. Hasn't grown in months since I found it.
    - weird lesions on hard palate where it meets the soft palate.
    - dull pains in sinus.
    - slight hearing loss right ear.
    - pain behind right eye.
    - hard rock lump on hair line that I can't move, but feels like it moves when I tilt my neck left and right.
    - weird stringy lumps on my neck spine that makes cracking noise kinda like cartlidge.

It's frustrating because I can't find any info about my concerns and I feel like all the doctors I go to aren't familiar with this kind of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by z_seroz View Post
    I've got really similar symptoms as you. I'm so scared that I have a slow growing but deadly cancer.

My symptoms:
    - hard lump under ear between jaw and neck. Hasn't grown in months since I found it.
    - weird lesions on hard palate where it meets the soft palate.
    - dull pains in sinus.
    - slight hearing loss right ear.
    - pain behind right eye.
    - hard rock lump on hair line that I can't move, but feels like it moves when I tilt my neck left and right.
    - weird stringy lumps on my neck spine that makes cracking noise kinda like cartlidge.

I have pretty much all of that! Glad i'm not the only one I suppose but it is scary. The hard rock lump on your hair line is pretty much exactly what I have. Moves when I tilt my neck left and right.

I'm going to the dentist first thing tomorrow morning to get things checked out. Will keep everyone updated.

My earache has subsided significantly since using the prescribed ear drops. I still feel some discomfort occasionally but not nearly as bad as it was, so that's encouraging.

My earache has subsided significantly since using the prescribed ear drops. I still feel some discomfort occasionally but not nearly as bad as it was, so that's encouraging.
    Before I went in for surgery to remove the cancer from my neck, the tumors had grown in and around structures in my neck. I had constant discomfort and pain in my neck/throat and ear. It had been slowly getting worse over the last two months prior. Nothing took it away, pain pills masked it somewhat but it was always there.

Cancer is an uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells. It doesn't come and go nor does it stop once it starts.

When my journey started, I went through two rounds of antibiotics and the node still grew. It didn't stay the same or go up and down. When noticeable symptoms started, they persisted and got worse. The meds would have done nothing if it were cancer. That's a fact. I lived it.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I have pretty much all of that! Glad i'm not the only one I suppose but it is scary. The hard rock lump on your hair line is pretty much exactly what I have. Moves when I tilt my neck left and right.

I'm going to the dentist first thing tomorrow morning to get things checked out. Will keep everyone updated.

It feels nice knowing I'm not alone! Please let us know what happens with you. Thanks!!

It feels like it's moving but the funny thing is, I think it's not actually moving. Does yours feel like its stuck to a place in your neck, and when you move your neck it gives the illusion that the lump is moving. In reality, it's your head moving and the lump staying in place. It's such a weird feeling and idk if everyone has it.

The really weird thing is, I have little things like that lump everywhere such as my palate, salivary gland, etc, but nothing has grown. I think it's just normal anatomy that I am paying attention to.

The way cancer presents itself based on my research, is there is a primary tumor. For example, you would notice that you have a huge lump on your neck. After you notice the lump on your neck, it would spread to nearby tissue. Not vice versa like in our case where we have a lot of little issues. That is more suggestive of an infection or something benign.

So I finally saw a dentist today. She didn't seem concerned about my palatal bump. told me to give it 6 months, not sure I want to wait that long but didn't seem to believe it was anything to be worried about because it wasn't painful. Said it seemed like a bone to her (which didn't surprise me as that's how it's always felt) even though I don't remember it being their prior to a few weeks ago.

Doubt she had seen anything like it before. I'm still having intermittent earaches that seem to be non existent in the morning only to get progressively worse throughout the day. I'm working through the anti-biotics they prescribed and have a follow up with my actual doctor next week. Bumps and symptoms are still present.

I'm still pretty worried about all of this, don't think anybody but a trained ENT would help to satiate my fears. I've heard most palatal cancers are rare so a regular dentist and a nurse practitioner might not know what they're looking at.
    Last edited by Ryzinn; 05-06-18 at 18:49.

And so the cycle continues

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

don't think anybody but a trained ENT would help to satiate my fears.
    I bet you would still find something to worry about....something they missed, experience level, something you forgot to mention etc. The HA mind always finds something.

Dentists are absolutely experts in recognizing oral cancer. If they were concerned they’d submit you for additional testing.

I suppose all of that is true. I'm trying to keep a level head. Logically speaking, I know what you're saying is correct.

The mind tends to gravitate towards the worst when a hard lump is found. It'd be at least nice to know what it is exactly.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information