Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Convinced I have Oral Cancer (lump on palate, neck, and ear ache)

Dark reddish/brown spot inside cheek for months

Admin merged a previous thread from a past issue with my newest threads relating to current issue. Previous thread was irrelevant and is from 2 months ago. Current issues popped up MAY 2018. Original Post has been edited accordingly and the issue from March has been removed to keep things current. Thanks.

I just wanna jump straight to the point.

-Symptoms
    -Lump in right side back of neck near hair line, hard. Moves when I move my head left or right but otherwise is stationary. Think it's a lymph node. Have had this for at least 8 months.

-Hard bb/pea shaped bump where the soft and hard palates meet. Right side, towards teeth but on hard palate. Noticed 2 weeks ago. Painless and colorless. Can't see with naked eye but can be felt with tongue and finger.

-Intermittent ear ache/pain. Started 4 days ago. Also some sinus issues.

I know with a lot of oral cancer patients ear aches are a common sign and the fact that i've had these lumps in my neck and palate for an extended period of time really has me concerned. I've read some posts about people with similar issues but cancer seems to be the common thread with those who have all of the above. I'm panicing, can anybody relate/help/reassure?
    Last edited by Ryzinn; 31-05-18 at 17:03.

Small hard lump on roof of mouth, anyone else??

Hey guys, spiraling a bit again and wanted to see if anyone else had something similar.

About a week ago I noticed a small hard bump that feels kinda dome shaped and isn't really visible to the naked eye. It kinda feels like a boil/pimple only maybe smaller. I can touch it with my thumb and it's pretty hard, like almost bone hard. Doesn't really hurt and it's on the roof of my mouth, towards the back, where the soft and hard palates meet. It's specifically on the right side, kinda near the top back molar. It's not the Torus, I'm aware of what that is.

I do smoke occasionally so I'm kinda concerned about it. Anybody have this before? I noticed it after eating some chips last week and just kinda figured I cut the roof of my mouth but it's been over a week now and it's still there.

Re: Small hard lump on roof of mouth, anyone else??

I get this sometimes if I've eaten spicy foods or acidic foods, my motto is that if it's still there are 2 weeks I go to my GP.

I feel like it's probably gonna be there next week unfortunately. :/

Do yours last for very long tan?

I had something that sounds exactly the same! It was before I had HA so I was aware of it for a while before seeing my dentist about it.....
    Anyway, it turned out to be a collection of pus from an infection in a nearby tooth. I had the tooth removed and all the infection poured out and the lump flattened gradually. I can still feel a scar with my tongue years later!
    Go see your dentist!

I suppose it could be dental related but none of my teeth have been bugging me on that side or anything...

I am going to the dentist soon though. Obviously I'll have them take a look.

Anyone else have this?

mine normally last 2 weeks and then slowly fade, is it sore?

---------- Post added at 08:52 ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 ----------

oh....... I get these after eating chips!!!! I notice there is a correlation between chips and lump in my mouth!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzinn View Post
    I suppose it could be dental related but none of my teeth have been bugging me on that side or anything...

I am going to the dentist soon though. Obviously I'll have them take a look.

Anyone else have this?
    Mine hadn’t been bugging me either!

Quote Originally Posted by tan235 View Post
    mine normally last 2 weeks and then slowly fade, is it sore?

No, it is painless as mentioned in the original post.

Ok well now I'm getting pain with it so that's fun. It's kinda radiating into my ear, same side as the bump..

I'm assuming it hurts because I've been poking at it with my tongue and occasionally with my finger.. Almost feels like a sore throat but it's in the middle of my mouth. Wish it would go away, I hate worrying about it non-stop. Trying to keep a level head. :/ Kinda wonder if maybe I'm getting sick or have a possible sinus infection because my sinus is kinda aching a bit too but not terribly.
    Last edited by Ryzinn; 28-05-18 at 07:55.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information