Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Convinced I have Oral Cancer (lump on palate, neck, and ear ache)

I'm so scared yet again. I can't believe I'm doing this again. Please help. :/

I made a previous thread about a painless bump about the size of a bb on the roof of my mouth that I had noticed about a week ago. It's between the hard and soft palates.

It has yet to go away and it's now been two weeks. For the past 3-4 days I've had a bit of an ear ache that kinda seems to be getting worse. On top of all of this there's an enlarged lymph node on the back of my neck on the same side as the bump. I noticed it months ago but dismissed it as probably just a muscle.

Googled because I'm an idiot and scared and tried to find some kind of reassurance but instead only found numerous stories and warnings about lumps in the neck and especially ear pain! My sinus has also been acting up. All on the right side of my head.

I'm just so scared. I have a dentist appt on Monday but I think i'm gonna try to get into see a doctor. Has anybody else experienced this? I'm genuinely convinced i've got the big C in my mouth.

Convinced I have Oral Cancer (lump on palate, neck, and ear ache)

Duplicate of original post due to merger.

I just wanna jump straight to the point.

-Symptoms
    -Lump in right side back of neck near hair line, hard. Moves when I move my head left or right but otherwise is stationary. Think it's a lymph node. Have had this for at least 8 months.

-Hard bb/pea shaped bump where the soft and hard palates meet. Right side, towards teeth but on hard palate. Noticed 2 weeks ago. Painless and colorless. Can't see with naked eye but can be felt with tongue and finger.

-Intermittent ear ache/pain. Started 4 days ago. Also some sinus issues.

I know with a lot of oral cancer patients ear aches are a common sign and the fact that i've had these lumps in my neck and palate for an extended period of time really has me concerned. I've read some posts about people with similar issues but cancer seems to be the common thread with those who have all of the above. I'm panicing, can anybody relate/help/reassure?
    Last edited by Ryzinn; 31-05-18 at 09:42.

Re: Convinced I have Oral Cancer (lump on palate, neck, and ear ache)

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

Just judging by the first post, you've had this for 2 months now? Have you seen anyone about it?

I'm an oral cancer survivor. In the two months since you posted, your symptoms would be much worse and the lump would have grown... fact! In the six months from the time I noticed something was going on until I went in for surgery, the node on my neck went from a small grape to looking like I had the mumps on the left side of my neck.

Cancer is an uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells. It doesn't come and go nor does it stop once it starts.

While I'm not a fan of paid reassurance, if you're that concerned, see your doctor.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    I'm an oral cancer survivor. In the two months since you posted, your symptoms would be much worse and the lump would have grown... fact! In the six months from the time I noticed something was going on until I went in for surgery, the node on my neck went from a small grape to looking like I had the mumps on the left side of my neck.

Cancer is an uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells. It doesn't come and go nor does it stop once it starts.

While I'm not a fan of paid reassurance, if you're that concerned, see your doctor.

Positive thoughts
    It hasn't been two months unfortunately, it's only been two weeks. I copy and pasted a post from last night into the original post because the original post had to do with a speck on the side of my cheek that eventually went away. It was irrelevant so I changed it. Wish the admin would've merged the two original posts and not hte one from two months ago. :/

So yeah, two weeks ago I noticed the hard lump on my palate.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzinn View Post
    It hasn't been two months unfortunately, it's only been two weeks.
    This thread was started on March 9th. But no matter... The "Told ya so Gang" is on standby.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Like I said, the original post from March 9th had to do with my cheek and wasn't relevant to the lumps that I'm worried about right now. Admin merged my lump posts with my cheek post from 2 months ago for whatever reason. Thanks for the replies though as always fishmanpa!

Either way, I'm going to see the doctor today. Will let you know what she says.

Good luck Ryzinn!

So I went and saw a nurse practitioner today. My Dr. was booked unfortunately, I'll be seeing him next week but I figured it couldn't hurt to get an opinion. She seems to think that its possible all of my issues (neck lymph node, bump on palate, and earache) may all be unrelated. She saw some irritation in my ear so that was somewhat encouraging but she barely looked at it for more than 3 seconds so for some reason it's hard for me to take her seriously. She thought the Lymph node was a direct result of my earache even though my lymph node was first noticed in the fall of last year and the ear ache started 5 days ago.

She prescribed me with some ear drops and an anti biotic. I'm gonna take them as directed. I'm not dismissing her but she seemed kinda rushed. She said ultimately to give everything a couple of weeks and come back if things dont improve. I can't say I got much reassurance, I hate playing the "wait and see" game. I've already waited for quite some time. :/

Dentist appt Monday. We'll see what they say.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information