Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Convinced I have Oral Cancer (lump on palate, neck, and ear ache)

Re: Convinced I have Oral Cancer (lump on palate, neck, and ear ache)

Hi Ryzinn

Just wondering if there’s any update on this? Got something similar at the moment (small lump in the roof of my mouth, hard and off centre) which is driving me crazy.

Thanks

Re: Convinced I have Oral Cancer (lump on palate, neck, and ear ache)

I'll go ahead and post an update since a few of you have asked, I know it's almost a year later since the last post but since people have found this thread I figure I might aswell.

Anyway I went and saw an EMT for this issue and he didn't seem concerned. Said it's perfectly normal to not be perfectly symmetrical in all manners of your own body. For example your face, you may have one eye that is higher than the other or one side of your face that appears larger than the other or whatever. My ears, for example aren't symmetrically aligned.

Anyway, to elaborate, the bump that I had felt with my tongue between my hard and soft palates towards the right hand side of my back molar he concluded, was just the structure of my mouth and even though I have this bump on the right side, doesn't necessarily mean I have to have the same thing on the left. The bump in quesiton has not grown at all, and the pain that I had in my ear at the time did eventually go away and hasn't come back. Anxiety can affect your ears and I was also aggressively cleaning my ears out at the time with a solution that my girlfriend had turned me onto. I also had an occipital lymphnode that seemed larger than usual but has been there for some time now and hasn't grown at all either.

Those of you that find this thread, for some reassurance, keep in mind that your anxiety may very well be playing tricks on you. See your doctor, listen to what they have to say, and if it turns out to be nothing, move on as best you can. Look up or talk to fishmanpa if he's still around. That dude has been through it for real and he's a saint.

Take care. If any other questions PM/DM me, I don't log on often but I'll try to answer if I can.
    Last edited by Ryzinn; 12-06-20 at 11:41.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information