Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Copyright Directive Panic

Re: Copyright Directive Panic

You still could but wouldn't it mean avoiding imagery already owned by someone else? I realise that's a big backward step in this particulr market but I'm wondering just how big you are and whether you can work around it?

I do think you need to look at your thought processes on this though, Frank. You are not defined solely by one thing in your life, there are many parts to you.

Maybe you want to be big & successful but you know most don't make it. Good luck to you and so you should aim for the stars if that's what you want but please try to remember everyone else finds other ways to carry on and makes the best of what life deals them.

Yes... but without the internet, that's going to be all the harder.

What I was wondering is whether even if this came in you and others could reduce it to the point of being largely worthless by a large collective of image sharers who allow full use of their images to create memes? They can't stop you allowing others to use your images from what I saw of the original draft legislation (I haven't read the two updates) but it left a hole allowing for the creator to waive their copyright just as sites now add disclaimers about fair use.

You could all collaborate a large library online and the EU couldn't do anything about it.

There are also VPN's that allow for crossing boundaries for those who want to look outside the EU.

I do have a VPN, but a) They won't protect us from the economic effects, and b) What's stopping the EU from banning VPNs as well?

Hmm,

a) maybe not as there will be a short term hit but I guess it means the industry changes how it operates so it recovers?

b) who knows, the EU could turn into anything as it marches more towards federalisation. But VPN's are used heavily by business so they would have a major input...not considering the EU giving them special dispensations as they have done for the media outlets in this current legislation.

My God, it's over.

https://t.co/h3qi992ZBF

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by FrankT View Post
    My God, it's over.

https://t.co/h3qi992ZBF
    I will have a detailed read of this later.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Take your time, it's much too late anyway.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

I don't agree. Words in a document is one thing, enforcing it in practice another

Never Surrender, Comrade

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread Information