Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Copyright Directive Panic

Re: Copyright Directive Panic

Quote Originally Posted by FrankT View Post
    Is there anyone on this stupid island that will listen to what I'm saying!?
    This is an anxiety website with, at any given time, several hundred active posting members. I think we're all concerned about the state of our world today but most do the best they can under their own circumstances. As I've stated before, there's not much we can do about these types of things anyway. I think I can safely say you're the only one who is fixated on this one aspect as thus far, no one shares the level of concern you do. It's really no different than some of the HA threads where a freckle is cancer and gets the proverbial eye roll.

If you feel this strongly, why not find a political group that feels the same and do some real life activism to make people who care about this aware?

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 27-03-19 at 12:14.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post

If you feel this strongly, why not find a political group that feels the same and do some real life activism to make people who care about this aware?

Positive thoughts
    I agree. Try and do something about it in the real world as moaning on here will achieve nothing, Frank. I'm sure there are online SM groups you could join too.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    I agree. Try and do something about it in the real world as moaning on here will achieve nothing, Frank. I'm sure there are online SM groups you could join too.
    I think I would be wary about this. We wouldn't advocate a HAer worrying over cancer joining a group to work on awareness of cancer because we know it would only feed their obsessiveness further.

Frank obviously has issies with catastrophizing and his themes are more towards social issues so he needs to work on his perceptions and the usual thoughts stuff.

EDIT: I'm not saying there couldn't be merits to it but I think at the minimum he would need to do both as a political group won't give a toss about the mental anguish it causes him.
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 28-03-19 at 02:06.

You know what hurts most? This is what's going to get UKIP, the BNP, and the fascist vote into the European Parliament this May!
    Why would it? You equate the far right with control but forget the far left advocate the same.

UKIP are dead in the water and they have no power. They are not equivalent to the likes of the AfD or the far right parties of Austria, Italy, etc.

Why would the far right be connected to the entertainment industry wanting greater copyright controls? The entertainment industry aren't so much known for their far right connections.

If you want consider the further right of conservativism it wouldn't';t be this. You are equating internet control with this but that's a very different story and if anything, the far right love the internet as they've never had it so good babbling online in their forums about stuff they would get arrested saying on the street.

And the BNP are dead. Even at their height they couldn't get any power.

You need to be wary of news media flogging lines like this, they love to paint everything as the end of times. The BNP can't even get local seats so how are they going to get something bigger?

UKIP aren't, or weren't but could be now, in the same group as the far right parties across the EU. UKIP became popular largely due to be the only party giving an anti-EU voice. BNP types moved over to them but so did Labour & Tory voters as has been proved by later elections where UKIP have bombed as traditional anti-EU voters returned to their original parties. UKIP have now pushed onto being an anti Islam party...and this will keep them where they are. That's getting closer top BNP and despite all the stuff about immigration the BNP never gained much traction. Lets remember the BNP are the racist party and anyone with issue with immigration control isn't just going to float over to the skinhead violent party with their history.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    If you want consider the further right of conservativism it wouldn't';t be this. You are equating internet control with this but that's a very different story and if anything, the far right love the internet as they've never had it so good babbling online in their forums about stuff they would get arrested saying on the street.
    That's exactly my point! A vote for them in protest of this would give them the voice they've been after for who knows how long.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    I think I would be wary about this. We wouldn't advocate a HAer worrying over cancer joining a group to work on awareness of cancer because we know it would only feed their obsessiveness further.

Frank obviously has issies with catastrophizing and his themes are more towards social issues so he needs to work on his perceptions and the usual thoughts stuff.

EDIT: I'm not saying there couldn't be merits to it but I think at the minimum he would need to do both as a political group won't give a toss about the mental anguish it causes him.
    Frank doesn't like talking about himself much and where he's "at" in life so it's hard to gauge how exposure to his worries and fears in the "real" world would affect him. But I sense his exasperation that others don't share his fears - when I'm fairly sure plenty do - just not on NMP.

I've constantly mentioned therapy and meds (which Frank said he takes) but a level of participation in real life is necessary to crack out of one's own head and to gradually break down the years of avoidance and inhibition I believe is keeping him there. There is no doubt Frank has an anxiety disorder which he projects on the world around him, and as you say, on catastrophising.

Joining a political party and waving banners in protest wasn't what I was advising Frank to do. Although he is always free to do so if he feels like it

Never Surrender, Comrade

You're right, I do need to get out more. And in fact, that's what I'm hoping to do.

It's been a week, and I'm starting to wonder - was there something I could have done to stop this disaster? I even thought of taking the blame for it, but I know even they wouldn't have listened to me. They betrayed me, they betrayed us all!

It's been a week, and I'm starting to wonder - was there something I could have done to stop this disaster? I even thought of taking the blame for it, but I know even they wouldn't have listened to me. They betrayed me, they betrayed us all!
    There is nothing any of us can do to avert or change current situation, Frank. And the blame-game is your anxiety looking for ways to chip away at your sanity. Don't let it

Never Surrender, Comrade

That's what I thought.

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread Information