Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: help worried about pancreatic cancer

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

help worried about pancreatic cancer

hi ive been a poster on here a long time have cancer phobia and bad ha i suffer from fibromyalgia with worst pain in my rib cage however i am seriously worried about PC my poos sorry if TMI are lighter brown lately and float a lot of the time this is one of the signs my left rib cage hurts i got tested and was borderline diabetic last year i havent lost weight really or appetite but im scared because of the poos its PC i cant cope please advise

Re: help worried about pancreatic cancer

Been a few pancreatic cancer threads lately. Must be a trend
    Based on your history and the fact you've had none of the deadly illnesses you've feared, I'm leaning toward this being just another unwarranted fear.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I had a light brown one this morning too. Wasn't at all concerned about it until reading your post, and I'm still not concerned about it.

All brown shades are good. ALL of them.

The colorless state of stool with liver/pancreatic cancer is more like off-white and comes from the blockage of the bile duct which stops the enzyme bilirubin from entering your digestive tract and giving stool it's trademark brown color. When that is a symptom of PC or Liver problems, you would almost always also have jaundice and severe itchiness. By the time you advance to that level, you'd also likely have major weight loss.

Super, super, super unlikely for pancreatic problems to be the cause of this. You already have an explanation for pain in that area with fibro.

i spoke to a family friend today whose a mcmillan nurse she said my pain isnt in the right place for pancreas which was reassuring however im still booking in to see my dr on weds thank you Karen for the reassurance aabout colour its thankfully never been white or clay coloured i worry so much about things i will try to keep my composure and wait see what dr says

Brown poop is good poop, even light brown. Pancreatic cancer commonly blocks the bile duct near the liver...producing, literally, white stool...the reason for that would be jaundice...you can't have one without the other. Your urine would also look like coca cola or tea.

All my blood tests came back fine liver function was spot on still have some strange poos but maybe ibs fibromyalgia is awful however and im actually diagnosed with that rib cage pain appalling as ever try not to get too stressed and see how things go

Quote Originally Posted by tracieann View Post
    hi ive been a poster on here a long time have cancer phobia and bad ha i suffer from fibromyalgia with worst pain in my rib cage however i am seriously worried about PC my poos sorry if TMI are lighter brown lately and float a lot of the time this is one of the signs my left rib cage hurts i got tested and was borderline diabetic last year i havent lost weight really or appetite but im scared because of the poos its PC i cant cope please advise
    Light brown stools that is not floating is normal. Stools in PC and other pancreatic disorders are white floating stool as if you would be crapping milk.

---------- Post added at 17:44 ---------- Previous post was at 17:43 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahnadine View Post
    Brown poop is good poop, even light brown. Pancreatic cancer commonly blocks the bile duct near the liver...producing, literally, white stool...the reason for that would be jaundice...you can't have one without the other. Your urine would also look like coca cola or tea.
    As long as it is brown regardless of nuances in color and as long as it is also not floating the stools are healthy.

well posted here a few weeks ago still having floating lighter coloured poop back to Drs tomorrow have lost a bit of weight but appetite seems fairly ok just dont know whats wrong think i need an ultrasound its gone on and off for 8 weeks now scary

Hi. I've been diagnosed with sibo. And lately I've been noticing lighter stools as well as diarrhea. The diarrhea is a symptom of sibo, as well as currently using xifaxan antibiotics. Hopefully it subsides when I'm finished with the antibiotics. I feel your fear though. I google some sibo symptoms and of course PC comes up. I woke up at 2am to pee and my front shins were itchy, so I google itching, and of course the bad stuff came up. It's not severe, or constant itching but still. Hopefully your stool is better by now. Good luck.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information