Thread: Noticed scabs that I'm sure weren't there last night, deathly afriad of rabies.

Exclamation Noticed scabs that I'm sure weren't there last night, deathly afriad of rabies.

I am deathly afraid of rabies and I have some scabs on my leg I didn't see yesterday that look like a bat bite to me. I am extremely scared and have been searching for an answer for several hours now. Please, PLEASE help me.

Image link - i.imgur.com/l1RalB5.jpg (Can't post links until 10 posts?! Add h t t p s : / / to the link... I'm sorry admins but I am really worried right now...)

Re: Noticed scabs that I'm sure weren't there last night, deathly afriad of rabies.

Deep breaths!!

Why are you afraid of rabies? Did you encounter a bat?

If you aren't sure if a bat landed on you or was in your room while you were sleeping, you need to move on. I know it's not easy but there is no reason to assume scabs are rabid bat bites, without knowingly encountering a bat. None.

Re: Noticed scabs that I'm sure weren't there last night, deathly afriad of rabies.

I looked around the house after I saw the scabs and didn't find a bat, however I did find what very closely resembled blood on my light shade. There were 2 specks, I wiped off the first speck and it behaved very similarly to blood (Wiped with a wet corner of a piece of toilet paper, already thrown away). The "blood" is that fairly large red speck you see in the image.

Image of light shade blood - imgur.com/wFArN4Q

Add h t t p s : / /

Firstly, the probability that a bat bit you is almost zero.

Secondly, even if it was a bat, less than 0.5% of bats carry rabies.

You can calculate yourself the odds of getting rabies from a bat bite.

Margaret Thatcher

Those dang invisible bats! There have been hundreds of similar posts through the years. All are equally irrational and impossible.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thanks for the replies, everyone. It's just the fact that the scabs are in the shape of teeth, and that I don't know how or when I got them. If everyone saw both images and are for sure it wasn't a bat bite, maybe not even a bite at all, then my mind is at rest.

Your mind is at rest for now, but reassurance tends to wear off. The fear will either resurface as your mind starts to create scenarios where you could have been bitten by a rabid bat, or you'll move into something else. That's the general pattern. I've seen it countless times and been there myself. You'll need to get some help with your anxiety.

They don't really look like bite puncture marks to me. I suspect you've thought this as they appear to be 4 marks close together to indicate 2 bites? But there is a 5th mark out of pattern too.

I suspect the are most likely a graze of scratch, which can also be in a close proximity pattern like these. I've spent a few months testing out Hypertension meds (recently diagnosed) and the main side effects have been tons of itching and I am covered in marks like this.

If you want to get your own back and "bite back" these are the safe option...

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Those dang invisible bats! There have been hundreds of similar posts through the years. All are equally irrational and impossible.

Positive thoughts
    It looks like it is a rabies week here on FMP at the moment. Is it because it is summer or could it be that people posting here is triggering each other with fear? For that reason I bumped up my old thread about rabies fear.

Thread Information