Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Residual dizziness after vertigo

Re: Residual dizziness after vertigo

Yeah, vestibular neuritis, although in both ears. Usually it's just in one. Could have been a few things responsible for the setback. I tried a stationary bike in the gym for the first time since this started, it was very hot this weekend, I had a little congestion, probably drank too much alcohol for me to handle at this time lately too. Who knows.

The one thing I am clearly seeing is how much anxiety can affect things even when there is a "real" illness. This time around although I have felt nearly as off balance as months ago, I am not anxious about it since I know what it is, and that has helped massively. I don't feel nearly as awful and tense as before. Still not fun! Anyway it was a little better today, it will continue to get better soon I am sure.

EDIT: In fact, I just today (July 4) read a scientific paper (that I mostly understood, lol) about how anxiety/stress affects vestibular function and how vestibular losses increase stress/anxiety response, and how anxiety/stress/depression even affects long-term recovery in issues such as mine. Fascinating how intertwined the two are although the paper admitted that there is still much more research to be done before the link is fully understood. I wonder if this whole experience is meant as a challenge to help me get over my health anxiety once and for all.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jray23; 05-07-18 at 05:02.

First of all , knowing the underlying cause ( in your case at least u know it's VN ) already good , unlike me , i'm not even sure what triggered my vertigo at the 1st place on march. I read some scientific papers too about how this whole anxiety stuff related to dizziness , and BPPV's epley manuever method , seems clear to me that anxiety certainly affects a lot. Anxiety , depression and stress also affects muscles too and in my case my breathing pattern. Btw it's been 26th good day , feel so thankful even tho yesterday i was soo busy and kinda stress also i have to move/walking a lot , etc..my physiological "balance" condition pretty much stable. I think it's possible to be 100% back to normal just take time and don't ever let ourselves get anxiety or it will prolong ( i think ) , i haven't tried my plan to do massage , and swimming regularly every weekend ( which is good for vestibular exercise ) because too lazy lol...btw how are you now ? Feel better ? Hope u get well
    Last edited by Daniel Nugraha; 06-07-18 at 08:27.

Have Doc check your C1 and C2 in neck, you could have a neck that needs an adjustment.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Nugraha View Post
    Hi there , i see...and now you feel completely back to normal like before u get this symptoms ? Hmm i did audiometry test and the result show no hearing loss still in normal range ( 0-10db ) so i think it's not meniere , yesterday i feel better , almost no symptoms at evening and night , and i'm trying to reduce anxiety just like what you've said. Hope it could go back to normal as i were before . [COLOR="blue"]
    Hi Daniel,

I’ve the exact same sensations as you. How are you now?

Can you tell me your strategy, precisely? I struggle to understand people’s method of ignoring the symptoms.

I've had this elevator/walking on a boat/head fog issue for a very long time. Easily overstimulated nervous system is probable culprit. I've had every medical test and they were all normal. Avoid stimulants and avoid thinking about it... go about your day as best you can. For many people it goes away. The medical community doesn't fully understand psychogenic dizziness.

Quote Originally Posted by ARIES34 View Post
    I've had this elevator/walking on a boat/head fog issue for a very long time. Easily overstimulated nervous system is probable culprit. I've had every medical test and they were all normal. Avoid stimulants and avoid thinking about it... go about your day as best you can. For many people it goes away. The medical community doesn't fully understand psychogenic dizziness.
    Agreed 100%.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information