Hello,

I wanted to get some input from members here and see if anyone can relate to what happened to me today...

A brief background of me - I had my first panic attack around age 12 and I have been suffering from GAD ever since with successes in utilization of medication and therapy (Lexapro). I have had panic attacks before the medication, but I have recently tried to wean off my medication but experienced terrible withdrawals and I'm back on half dose and have stabilized somewhat. This whole process was in the span of maybe 4 months.

I currently have anxiety symptoms especially concerning my heart (palps, flutters, feels of runs of whatever, etc.) but my cardiologist is not worried and my testing has come back good.

------

So today I was at work after working 5 days and I was making breakfast at the hotel and I was already at a heightened level of anxiety, I even commented to myself that I felt a panic attack was coming...I was moving some heavy items and my heart was racing (maybe around 130) but I became really concerned when I was lifting some eggs and my arm became a little weak (I hit the egg box on the counter) and I began to feel EXTREMELY disoriented and spaced out. I have derealization but this was on a heightened level like everything was surreal and I presume I was feeling lightheaded as well as when I looked around I felt I was off-kilter and really not steady (but I was still able to walk).

I immediately felt my heart racing very fast, maybe over 160 into 180 and I was in panic mode. I was so scared I was going to pass out. Everything felt weird and strange, I felt so dizzy. I sat down and turned on a fan to cool me off and I tried to get my pulse but it was too fast. It took maybe 5-10 mins for me to calm down. My pulse got under 140 shortly after but remained high for a while.

So who else has had these episodes and what causes them pls?

Thank you