Thread: Longtime lurker, new poster :)

Longtime lurker, new poster :)

Hi All,

I've been browsing NMP for quite some time, but am at a particular low point with my Health Anxiety and decided to join. My name is Jess, I'm an American living in Canada, and I'm in my mid 30s. I've always been anxious, diagnoses with GAD and OCD tendencies in my late teens, and have been off and on various medications throughout my life to manage that. I've recently started on a very bad stretch with health anxiety after having some gallbladder pains, which I thought was pancreatic cancer, and also smelling some phantom smells which woke my from a sleep, or that I smelled shortly before falling asleep. I don't have a family doctor, because where I live is in a doctor shortage, but I've seen the clinic doctor who told me not to worry about phantom smells unless I had a horrible headache that didn't go away and was twitching, and an emergency room doctor who looked in my eyes and ran a quick neurological exam about a week and a half ago, but of course that's not enough for someone like me. I have restarted Effexor as of ten days ago and have a psychology appointment in early July (again, wait times here are bad).

Anyways, hoping to offer and receive some support from all of you wonderful people.

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya fidgetninja and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: Longtime lurker, new poster :)

Good Morning fidgetninja

Believe me you are not missing anything by not being down south (US). If you don't have $$$$ health insurance, you still will be going to the clinic or ER. Since we have the same health anxiety issues, my best advance is stay informed about yourself. If the doctor says, they don't see a problem, then have faith they didn't see a problem.

Other than my medication (Fluoxetine and Buspirone) I also do walking mediation. I simply pick a convenient time of the day and go walk. Simply focusing on what I see listening to my body. I suggest checking out some meditation and mindfulness websites for more information.

Best to you on your journey fidgetninja becoming part of NMP is a good first step. Be well my friend and know you are not alone.

Re: Longtime lurker, new poster :)

Hello & welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information