Thread: gone up to 20mg

gone up to 20mg

Hi all, I went to the doctors yesterday and he finally increased my dose to 20mg after being on 10mg for 6 weeks.
    What is to be expected after a dose increase? I've been reading NoPoet's Citalopram Survival Guide religiously but it would be great if you could share your experiences here.
    Took the first increased dose this morning, obviously haven't had any effects so far so I expect I will see some sort of differences after a few weeks.
    For the last few weeks on the 10mg I've been feeling incredibly low and tearful, like I could just cry at any second. Anxiety was reduced but hardly touched on the depression. I'm hoping this dose increase is what it needs to bust it as I've been trying everything from exercise, meditation and yoga as well as eating healthy. Just want these low feelings to go away once and for all. Just scared it won't get better. All I want is to be my normal happy self again. When did you start to feel like your normal self?
    Anyway sorry for rambling, if anyone has any advice or reassurance it would be greatly appreciated.

Re: gone up to 20mg

Hi housetoad,
    You may experience some of the initial side effects again with the higher dose. If you need to when things get bad, just take your diazepam.
    Citalopram has a high success rate, but it depends on the person and getting the dosage right. Each dosage change takes some time to work. Try to take things one day at a time because thinking too far ahead can add to your problem.

Thread Information