hi everyone,

i'm male, 44 years old, long term sufferer of anxiety and depression which got worse for me as i got older.

i'm currently taking venlafaxine extended release 150mg, which i take each morning. a month ago my doc recommended i add pregabalin, i started on 25mg (which seemed like it didn't do anything at all), so i increased over a week or two and ended up now taking 300mg which i take at night before bed.

i notice that pregabalin at 300mg seems to stop the morning anxiety i had going on for a long time, and although i tend to dream a lot at night, pregabalin seems to help stop the dreams being 'anxiety related' dreams.

however, when i wake up i do feel quite groggy, and tired - not refreshed, and feeling like i could sleep more (i avoid doing that though and get up). i have been on 300mg of pregabalin for a couple of weeks now.

so my question is, i'm thinking of splitting my pregabalin dose, perhaps 150mg at night and then 150mg when i get up. that might be a pain to do though as i have the single 300mg capsules. i do feel some anxiety in the daytime sometimes so thought maybe i should try to have pregabalin in my system both at night and also the day. i dont think i want to take 300mg of pregabalin at night and then 300mg in the day also, as that seems like it may be too much for me (i think it could make me too tired and sleepy).

have any of you had success with splitting your dose? and also do any of you get side effects such as feeling tired etc? perhaps these side effects passed with time?

i also get quite a dry mouth, perhaps the venlafaxine is causing that, or perhaps pregabalin, or both!

another thing is i find i tend to wake up a few times each night, rather than sleep right through. i guess that's probably difficult to narrow down though, eg. that could be depression in general causing that, or venlafaxine, or pregabalin.