Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Holiday in Italy

Re: Holiday in Italy

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Switzerland sounds like nice. I guess you could always use it as a taster?

What are your concerns about using the Metro?

Do you feel that you could push yourself for the sake of your wife? Sometimes it's harder to push ourselves for us and easier for others. I find that quite a lot with myself.
    I’ve did well and went on two flights past year or two after a break of around 4 years not flying I use to just holiday down south or London.

I’ve found getting train fine to places like Holland however Italy is further away. I could tell myself it’s a once in a lifetime but there’s alwyas an urge to go back..sometimes I will say I will fly this once and get train next time

Metro is ok but just seems to be more complicated. In the next few years I have to think how I can reach New York and Rome.

Short term it’s Rome so I have two options fly or train. Do I suffer the months of flight anxiety and be there in 3 hours or do try the train stop overnight and have a long journey to Milan. Right now I really can’t decice to be honest it’s about comfort zones I feel my next flight should be a short one e.g over to Ireland or something.

I’m glad the train is an option because I can go abroad every year it’s just a question of where.

I have a little bit of ocd with this my head says

If I don’t go on holiday in the winter I will go crazy if I take long trains for my honeymoon in the summer warm weather lots of travelling.

My anxiety controls everything right now. If something doesn’t feel “right” I won’t do it? Anybody relate to this?

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    My anxiety controls everything right now. If something doesn’t feel “right” I won’t do it? Anybody relate to this?
    Totally. The last few years I've done a fair bit of travel to the same place, 14 times in total and although it caused me anxiety each and every time nothing bad happened, the plane journey was maybe 3 hours, so longer than it takes you to get to Paris, but to me if you find the motivation, the willingness and a few distractions it can really help. I travelled alone and what it'd do is take a book and put headphones on with a certain album, rather than watching the clock I knew by the time I heard the playlist once right through there was only 20 mins or so left, which is the best bit, when you get to look forward to what you're about to do and peek out the plane window to see your destination. You have your beautiful wife to help you too, someone to sit with, play a game or chat to, you could even maybe look at one of those little tourism guides of all the sites you will see and all the great memories and with them a bond that lasts a lifetime

Well it’s almost 2019 so I Will have to make a choice soon

My fears are long train journeys and flying.

I plan do go to Italy via train however I fear I will go mad if I get a long train journey. I don’t want to limit myself to the usual holidays I go on.

I don’t know why I worry as I regular do Edinburgh to London and even Germany so I Duno why I worry
    Last edited by phil06; 16-12-18 at 15:05.

Have you considered flying one way? So getting the train there or back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    Have you considered flying one way? So getting the train there or back?

If i can fly one way I’d defo fly back it’s more of an occasion thing if I feel like flying I will but if I don’t I won’t.

I don’t want to fly until after my wedding and I Duno where I would fly to maybe a short flight to ireland.

I go on this holiday next week

Bit worried when I calculated I go over 1,000 miles by rail seems scary. I tried to break the journey up into shorter bits but I still worry I will go mad or have anxiety about the long trains?

I did 6 hours then 2 hours there 2 hours back but 4 hours in one go will be a nexperience but I feel I have to tackle my fears so I can take the train on more trips or fly to New York in future

Anybody reassure me about taking long trains and my anxiety?

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Anybody reassure me about taking long trains and my anxiety?

Take a good book or listen to a podcast or audio book. Boredom will be more of an issue than anxiety once you get going and get over the initial issues if there are any at all, the build up is often far worse than the actual event.

Positive vibes,

Mouse

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

I went on the holiday and managed it however I still feel stressed just thinking about the long trains like tonight I fell asleep and it was on my mind and I still feared going mad?

Perhaps I am worried about the next train trip? My anxiety right now seems to dodge between all my worries from health anxiety to my contamination to my travelling worries?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information