Thread: I just want to stop worrying

Unhappy I just want to stop worrying

I have visited this forum many times but this is my first post here. I am a 60 yr old woman. I thought that maybe putting it into words would help me see that I am probably overthinking things and catastrophising. I think I have always been a stressful person but can hide it well. I am on high blood pressure medication prescribed to me after I had 3 high readings. I have white coat syndrome and can feel my BP going up as soon as they attach that machine to me! If I feel a pain anywhere I think either cancer or heart attack.etc., I have been to the Dr with breast pain a couple of times in the years gone past and all was fine. I have been with pain in my sides and had a stomach scan and all was fine. I am the sort of person who when going on a journey, needs to know that there will be toilets nearby if I had to pee. I have never been bothered with having any bowel problems when out until recently. I was on a short flight home in early March and it was my first time flying alone. The plane was delayed for 2 hours and we had to sit on it and just wait. By the time the flight eventually took off and landed I had stomach cramps and once off the plane I had to rush to the toilet with diarrhoea. Then about 3 weeks ago I was out walking with a friend and I had stomach cramps and had to rush home to get to the bathroom. I had been feeling fine that day and didn't feel stressed at all. Now I think this has all left me anxious. This morning I had what I think was diarrhoea but not any bad cramps so maybe it was just a loose bowel movement. I do have a dull ache at the bottom of my back at times. Yesterday I did have too much sugar I think. I ate a packet of yoghurt coated peanuts and raisins and 3 small chocolate bars. I do have a bowel prolapse, into the vagina and I have to keep my bowels regular. (result of my big babies all those years ago) I take chia seeds with my breakfast in the mornings. Not that many as too many would I think give me cramps. I also take a big cup of coffee in the morning to help me have a bowel movement. Maybe I am just overstimulating my bowels! I am hoping its just me being too anxious and not something sinister like stomach cancer or bowel cancer. I did the bowel cancer test last Sept and it came out clear. I just want to stop worrying about my health all the time and enjoy living.
    Thanks for listening.

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya AnnieK and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: I just want to stop worrying

Thank you Emmz!

Thread Information