Thread: Switching from Citalopram to Sertraline, advice needed!

Switching from Citalopram to Sertraline, advice needed!

Hello,

I have been on 30mg of Citalopram for 2 years for anxiety & depression. It has helped my depression a lot, i no longer feel teary & sad all the time & most of the time feel happy. It hasn't helped my anxiety that much, if anything it makes it worse as i have started to sweat A LOT while on Citalopram which triggers my anxiety if i'm out & about. Over the last 6 months i've been noticing that i feel very "brain foggy", i can't sleep at night even though i'm exhausted, my memory has taken a hit also & there is a lot of things from my past that i can't really remember, my other half will say remember when we first met & did this or that & i can't recall it at all. A few times i have also sent messages to people, then read them back & there is a few words that don't make sense at all but i didn't notice it when writing it. So it's starting to worry me a tad & it's making me feel quite stupid! I've heard that Sertraline is a good alternative to Citalopram, has anyone gone from Citralopram to Sertraline & had positive results? I'm worried that my depression will come back hard if i switch.

thanks

Re: Switching from Citalopram to Sertraline, advice needed!

I actually had a similar experience with Citalopram. It worked really well when I first began taking it but after stopping then restarting it it caused me to sweat, feel sick and feel foggy. I switched to Sertraline and it's much for effective for me. I've been on and off Sertraline a couple of times and barely get any side effects. Just takes 8+ weeks to kick in for me.

Hi Lem, three years ago I made the switch from 40mg citalopram to sertraline. But I did it when my citalopram had "pooped out". But sertraline did start to work and I've been pretty good since my switch. Sertraline was a bit of a slow burner but it got there in the end/

Hello

I took Citalopram I can't remember dose but it would have been quite high. it did not work for me and removed all of my emotions also i was grinding my teeth.

I did change to sertraline max dose of 200mg my emotions were bit better but now having issues like you are with brain fogg but my long term memory is ok I am taking only 50mg now. not sure if the issues are off long term use but i really don't want to take mine now

its not much information but thought I would reply

Kind Regards soulsearcher

Thread Information