Thread: Diazapan

Diazapan

one Dr gave me Diazapan to take three times a day, and another advised me not to take one,
    I would be so pleased if I could hear from others who take it as often, or perhaps only when needed.

Thank you in advance for any advice

Re: Diazapan

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by welsh girl View Post
    one Dr gave me Diazapan to take three times a day, and another advised me not to take one,
    I would be so pleased if I could hear from others who take it as often, or perhaps only when needed.

Thank you in advance for any advice
    Hi,

Can I ask why you saw 2 different doctors? The problem with diazepam or any benzodiazepine is that different doctors have different views as they can be addictive and have a bad withdrawal if you take for too long daily. So some doctors give you it as it is really your responsibility not to get addicted etc but then some doctors think it’s their responsibility and will not give you it as such not to attempt fate. X

Hi.
    Benzos can be additive is taken regularly for a long period of time. Some doctors will prescribe them, while some doctors will not, depending on their own knwoledge/experiences and on whether they think it is appropriate for your condition.

I have been prescribed a benzo (clonazepam) for temporary relief while starting on SSRI and I am cautious about taking it only when things get really bad, not taking it on a schedule everyday. To me, benzos are part of the medical toolbag that can be used for the right task, but not for every task.

Did the prescribing doctor intend that you take diazepam as the only medication to treat anxiety? Did the other (non-prescribing) doctor suggest an alternative to diazepam?

in need of advise

Could someone please tell me what the Dangers are of Diazapan as
    the Doctors here refuse to prescribe them to me although they know I am a responsible person and would not dream of getting hooked on them, I just need some as a back up , very rarely.

What have they got that they all with drawer prescribing them.
    I have a few from some years ago and hanging on to them as f they were gold dust ,, thanks for any replies,

Re: in need of advise

My doctor prescribes them as backup.

The danger is you can get hooked and tapering off is hard.

A long time ago I was on diazepam for 2 months. I tapered off over a month. It was really hard.

Everytime they prescribe them they ask me if I'm going to do anything silly. Think you can OD on them.

Once i felt like i had to bring in old unused packs to prove i was responsible. They got the point.

If they prescribe you 20 at low dose as a one off this should be within their power.

---------- Post added at 11:48 ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 ----------

Bring your old ones in as proof you are responsible but don't hand them in unless they agree to prescribe more.

---------- Post added at 11:49 ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 ----------

Also here is a link to the best source of benzodiazepine info ever. This is what made my tapering off possible. Loads of info on benzos. https://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/bzcha02.htm

---------- Post added at 12:14 ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 ----------

See here for potential adverse effects:
    https://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/bzcha01.htm

---------- Post added at 12:20 ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 ----------

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UsjhqdE7-6A

Thanks for am a very sensible person and realize the dangers of getting addictive , but only want to keep a few to fall back on when I really need one,
    My own Dr was on holiday at the time I wanted to see him

That's the sensible thing to do welsh girl. I have a few set aside for what I call my emergency thing. You can see your own doctor when necessary if you feel you need more. All the best.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by welsh girl View Post
    Thanks for am a very sensible person and realize the dangers of getting addictive , but only want to keep a few to fall back on when I really need one,
    My own Dr was on holiday at the time I wanted to see him
    I've been on 5mg twice daily for 15 yrs with no problems.
    If you feel yourself wanting to increase the dose it's time to get off them.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Thread Information