Thread: Feeling that there's something in my rectum

Feeling that there's something in my rectum

Hi everyone,

I'm 20 and for some time I've had this weird feeling that (mostly after a BM) I have something in my rectum, sometimes it's in the anus, lower. I can only feel it when I clench my buttcheeks when standing and whenever I'm sitting. It's like I'm sitting on something. Obviously, I have been worried that it might be cancer or something. The thing is that I've had this sensation for a few years now, but it was only once in a while, and when I moved my buttcheeks in a way or another, it would kind of go away. Now it's been here for longer for the past 2 or 3 weeks, but it does seem to go away (at least most of it) after a BM.

I have no bleeding, no pain other than when passing hard stools, because it feels like the stools are scratching me, and that's been happening a lot lately. I admit that I don't eat enough fibre, I'm sedentary, my sleeping pattern is a mess and my diet is mostly junk food. For the past few days I've had frequent BMs and the feeling that I either haven't emptied my bowels or that I have, but after like 5 minutes, I feel the need to go again. If I do go to the toilet, and wait and push, something does come out so it's not a false alarm. I've always pushed during my BMs (I didn't even know that it was supposed to come out on its own until 2 weeks ago). I've also had abdominal pain, but it usually goes away after a BM.

I'm suspecting I might have IBS but I'm currently wondering if it sounds like something serious to anyone.

Thanks in advance

Re: Feeling that there's something in my rectum

Sounds like piles

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Feeling that there's something in my rectum

I think there are some things to change her tbh. 1. Your diet isn't helping you need some roughage in your food, junk food just doesn't provide a balanced diet. No wonder you are struggling with BM's so my advice would be less junk food and more veggies and fruit it's ok to have a treat (junk food) once a week but daily it's a no,no try taking a few short walks each day. things will improve if you make some small changes 2. You should be able to sleep better too after these changes. HTH ATB

Thread Information