Thread: Clonazepam unavailable

Clonazepam unavailable

Hi Everyone,
    I have taken clonazepam .5mg (Generic for Klonopin) for years now and it has been by the same manufacturer Teva. I went to the pharmacy today and they told me that it was on back order. I was able to get clonazepam from another pharmacy but it is from a different manufacturer (Qualitest). Now I am worried it won't work right, or will have bad side effects, etc. Has anyone else been through this type of change? I am really nervous about this change so any advise would help.

Thanks,
    Ivy

Re: Clonazepam unavailable

Don't sweat it Generic drugs go through an intense vetting system and have been thoroughly tested in the US. They may be a different shape, color or filler used but the active ingredients are still the same. Some claim they can notice a difference. I don't know I guess if you're hyper-focused you may notice if your body reacts differently, faster, slower etc., but I've had at least three different manufacturers for all the different meds I have/had to take (BP, beta blocker, cholesterol, blood thinners etc. etc. etc.) and I've never noticed a difference Even when I took Zoloft for some depression, the manufacturer changed (generic) a couple of times and I don't recall an issue.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I've also had multiple generic and branded versions of my medications and felt no difference.

I think perhaps there is a very small minority of people who are particularly sensitive to small changes in the make up of their medication, or perhaps react to a filler ingredient that may be in one brand but not another. And of course some people's anxiety disorder pre-dispose their minds to manufacture physical sensations in their bodies as the result of an expectation of side effects.

With you taking a benzo, I think any of this would be highly unlikely anyway. I have only seen problems with a brand change reported for anti depressants.

Tommo x

Tom
    Depression
    OCD

Medication:
    200mg Sertraline
    600mg Pregabalin
    150mg Quatiapine

Current Therapy:
    Mindfulness
    ACT

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I am in that small minority that is so sensitive to med changes. I notice a difference in manufacturers. I was using clonazepam by Sandoz. It worked perfectly until they changed to a different manufacturer, which barely took the edges off my anxiety. I had to have my doctor write me a prescription for name brand klonopin only. It works better than the other one, but isn't perfect. I was also going through a really stressful time when they made the change so who knows what the real issue was/is.

I know I have anxiety-- that much I know!

Thread Information