Thread: Colon cancer fear

Colon cancer fear

It's been a long time since I've been posting here :(
    Afraid I have colon cancer . I've had about 3 weeks of inconsistent bowel movements . Started with diahreah ironically after starting Lexapro.. 2 days of that .. then to soft mushy blobs . Then to a little more formed with very defined edges .. almost flat and ribbon like and scared me . Enough to Google and of course ribbon like and thin indicates colon cancer . Had a couple days of again normal size ish .. not my normal but more normal than prior .. but I'm going more than usual 3 4 times a day just it seems to check it :( today again after eating hot peppers it brought in diahreah .. which is logical for me .. however I now found black specks in it .. which almost looks like grains of spices or pepper but I am convinced internal bleeding from the cancer .
    A friend of mine age 29 has been diagnosed with stage 3 colon cancer and I think it has set me into over drive for this single thing . Could someone please offer some help and advice on living in turmoil again .

Re: Colon cancer fear

Quote Originally Posted by laine2018 View Post
    Had a couple days of again normal size ish .. not my normal but more normal than prior ..
    Cancer is an uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells. It doesn't come and go nor does it stop once it starts.

If you had a progression of colon cancer to the point you were producing ribbon/flat stools, then that would mean a tumor was causing it and it wouldn't change. The fact it returned to a more normal state totally blows your cancer theory out of the water (.) Period.

My money is on some anxiety triggered digestive issue (IBS etc.).

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Fishmanpa good to see you are still here! You have helped me over many many of years . Do you believe the tiny black flecks would be from internal bleeding ?

Probably food to be honest.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information