Thread: Fever and aches, no flu?

Fever and aches, no flu?

Hello all,

I was doing pretty well last week and then yesterday got really really tired of a sudden. Like lay on the floor exhausted. :(

I felt a little of what I thought was a cold coming on yesterday morning with some sore throat and discharge, but that never amounted to much. Now I have the full on viral whatever with body aches, mild fever, fatigue, and general blah. I still have a tiny bit of sore throat and very mild headache. No other symptoms. It feels almost like I have the flu (got that in January this year) but without the nasal congestion and everything else.

My son had something similar earlier last week and it lasted for 2 days. I'm hopeful that tomorrow I'll feel better, but in the meantime I just read fever can be a symptom of cancer. WHY DIDNT I STAY OFF GOOGLE!!!!

Now I'm in a panic in addition to being sick and miserable and I have no clue what's going on or what's causing this. :(

Sorry, just wanted to document my misery. Since it just started yesterday everyone just assumes it's best to give it a few days to clear on its own and of course not panicking like I am.

Re: Fever and aches, no flu?

A developing cold can cause those same symptoms. I don’t know what part of the states you’re in, I’m in Kansas. Right now it’s super hot and humid out, so you go outside and sweat a ton...then come inside to the ac and cool off rapidly...I am always catching summer colds as a result. Pop some vitamin C and push the liquids!! You’ll be back to normal in no time.

For anyone in the future worrying about this kind of thing....

I woke up this morning completely "cured" with no fever. I still don't know what mystery virus this was since I had pretty much nothing besides the mild fever (99's) and tiredness, but it's gone now. Son had the same thing - fever and cranky but no other symptoms.

I'm pretty much back to normal except for a little lingering tiredness.

No more need to panic about fever and cancer.

great news!

Thread Information