Thread: hit my head on a desk

hit my head on a desk

So..I'm a teacher and on Friday we flipped the desks upside down for cleaning . I bumped my head near the temple, like more towards the ear . It hurt a little then, but i just moved on. Now is Sunday, woke up in full blown panic what if i have a concussion or something ?? I didnt have any other symptoms, except a bit sore in that area when i touch it. Should i be worried? How can i calm myself and move on with my life? really need some comfort ..(((

Re: hit my head on a desk

So... let's look at the evidence. Bumped your head two days ago. Hurt a little bit then. Forgot about it. Now two days later with no symptoms, you're worried about a concussion? Think about that for a moment

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

yes i know but could happen anything bad from now on? I keep reading stuff about people having symptoms after like weeks or months? :((((

I am sure you will be fine but we can't predict what will happen in weeks or month's to come and nor can you but it is highly unlikely you have done any lasting damage.

Just forget it now - you would have had symptoms if there was anything serious.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thank you for replies !

Thread Information