Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone use CBD?

Does anyone use CBD?

My boyfriend recently started smoking CBD. He used to be an Avid weed smoker in high school but quit due to panic attacks. He told me that he thinks CBD would be great for me, because I suffer from obsessions, mood disorders and anxiety. I really do want to try it. The issue is, I am a teacher. I feel like if I smoke, or eat CBD (even if its not in the same day) that it will be in my system and I won't be fit to take care of them. I know the effects only last hours, but I have it in my head that if I use it, and go to work the next day, I'm still under an influence, and I will be putting them in danger. Is this just me being paranoid? Is this crazy? I really want to try it, but my OCD is getting in my way again.

Re: Does anyone use CBD?

If your anxiety is "what if"-ing about you not being in control of your actions which may lead to harming children, that's about your existing fears and does not reflect the reality of this scenario at all since CBD oil is nothing like smoking cannabis. It's the THC in cannabis that gives it it's effect.

Check any local laws on CBD first but over here it's no more than a herbal supplement.

There may still be some stigma about it since it gets conflated with cannabis with it being so new but that ignorance will change.

My wife and I use CBD capsule for pain relief. For my wife especially, they've really helped. I personally find the "chill factor" as I call it, beneficial as well. Its not a "high" at all. Just a general relaxed feeling along with the pain relief.

As was stated, your concern is unwarranted.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I use gummies when I am actively having a panic attack and it helps calm me down. I didn't notice it help as much when I used it every day though. Its definitely worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    My wife and I use CBD capsule for pain relief. For my wife especially, they've really helped.
    What strength do you and Mrs Fish take?

I've taken this for anxiety (a few years ago) but I'm wondering if it might help with my abdo pain while the peeps in white coats try and work out what's causing it because none of my painkillers work.

This stuff aint cheap, so I'm researching before I purchase anymore.

I take CBD oil 40mg a dose.My doc said last week that because I have lost wait I should lower the dose I told him that it ain’t effing happening if anything up it I told him.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolalee1 View Post
    I take CBD oil 40mg a dose.My doc said last week that because I have lost wait I should lower the dose I told him that it ain’t effing happening if anything up it I told him.
    I need to get on top of this pain. 7 weeks now. Getting desperate, not to mention, cranky!

That is a long time Nora being in pain does make one cranky,I know with chronic pain pain meds didn’t help me,just gave me constipation or the runs.
    I take it for depression and TB and it really helps,I hope you can get your hands on some soon xx

Quote Originally Posted by Lolalee1 View Post
    That is a long time Nora being in pain does make one cranky,I know with chronic pain pain meds didn’t help me,just gave me constipation or the runs.
    I take it for depression and TB and it really helps,I hope you can get your hands on some soon xx
    I'm always in some level in pain (fibromyalgia) but the good drugs and my heat pad usually helps. This buggering pain isn't going anywhere and it's doing my nut in!

Going to the shops today (while I still can) to get some CBD oil. Then it's an afternoon of Ashes to Ashes and Complan. X

Have you tried a TENS machine, Nora?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information