Thread: Feeling sick after blood test

Feeling sick after blood test

I had a blood test early this morning and I ended up almost fainting. Before it mentally I was feeling fine, but I was physically anxious with the shakes and the very fast heart rate of 167!

I went in and I laid down on the exam bed thing and she took it, and halfway through i started to burn up and feel sick and faint, which is a very normal reaction. I stayed lying down and had some water but I didn't really get better. The nurse decided to check my blood pressure for some reason and she said it was low.

Three and a half hours later I still feel woozy and nauseous despite my anti emetic meds and I'm hating every second! I've also got quite a headache which drinking doesn't seem to help. Is this normal after a blood test? I've had about 5 done before and they all went fine, even when I was at the height of my anxiety. Blood tests have never made me feel like this for this long before.

Re: Feeling sick after blood test

A blood test only removes a very small amount of total blood volume - a fraction of what would be taken in a blood donation, for example - and the amount is quickly made up by the body. The most likely explanation for your reaction is anxiety - but no less real, all the same. Understanding this, various methods for relieving anxiety, and simply time can all help.

Thread Information