Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bat rabies anxiety

Bat rabies anxiety

I was bit by something about two months ago on April 18th. I went to multiple doctors a month after. They all told it was most likely a bug bite, I only showed them the picture. (see below)

I cannot get out of my mind that a bat flew into my room bit me and then left without me noticing.

I keep twitching tingling and itching in both the spot and all over my body.

I am just waiting for the day I become hospitalized and die of rabies. The only reason I am functioning is because of 1mg of klonapin.

I'm here for reassurance, I don't know where else to turn.

imgur com/a/3D279uO

Re: Bat rabies anxiety

Well, I'm going to be brutal, but it MAY reassure you.

Two months is an abnormally long incubation period for rabies.

There's no way a bat got in to your room, bit you, and escaped without you noticing. They're small, and light, but you'd have felt it. Plus, it's not like bats plan out biting people, even if they are rabid. You would have certainly felt a bat.

I had this fear months ago, the twitching and itchiness is all in your head, more than likely.

-But, even if I'm wrong, if you're experiencing symptoms, it'd already be too late, and you're guaranteed to die. Keep in mind, this is very very very unlikely, especially because of how well rabies has been controlled in the 21st century.

It is so sad to read how many here is waisting the short and beautiful summer months woth nonsense about rabies and "brain eating amoebas".

Have you guys considering putting yourself in the shoes of people around you; family and friends. Try to think that you are them and not afraid of rabies. Dont you think your talk and fear of rabies would seem crazy? Please try that as an experiment.

Those pesky invisible ninja bats are at it again I see

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

When I was active before, the people at least worried about REAL diseases such as cancers and ALS and things...Now it is invisible bats and brain eating amoebas...

Margaret Thatcher

I'm wondering if NMP should open a sub-forum purely for rabies anxiety. Would seeing the other people with rabies anxiety bring people to a more reasonable appraisal of reality, or send them further down the rabbit hole?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrash View Post
    When I was active before, the people at least worried about REAL diseases such as cancers and ALS and things...Now it is invisible bats and brain eating amoebas...
    How are they real? Not having symptoms of cancer is real?

Is HA about a hierarchy of what is more credible? But try asking someone without anxiety about an imagined cancer and see what reply you get. I'm twitching I have ALS. How is that any more likely than the rabies threads?

Not being a HAer likely none of my anxiety could harm or kill me. It doesn't make the fear any less or the impact & severity.

To Guy4 isn't it really time to seek professional help regarding your anxiety?? This is the ONLY way forward and if it's not dealt with will only get worse. ATB

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    How are they real? Not having symptoms of cancer is real?

Is HA about a hierarchy of what is more credible? But try asking someone without anxiety about an imagined cancer and see what reply you get. I'm twitching I have ALS. How is that any more likely than the rabies threads?

Not being a HAer likely none of my anxiety could harm or kill me. It doesn't make the fear any less or the impact & severity.

On this issue you and me can only agree that we disagree.
    Some anxiety is based on real life possibilites and often caused by someone close to you suffer an illness. Very different from this UFO like threads about rabies, brain eating amoebas and bubonic plauge; yeah there is even a thread on that one.

And yes; I did suffer rabies fear one time and I am 100% firm in saying that this is more laughable insanly riddicilous than fearing cancer and nothing in this world is going to change my mind about than. And brain eating amoebas? Here I am speechless and can only add: NO COMMENT.

Disclaimer: I am not saying that the people who fear rabies and BEA are insane, riddicilous and to be laughed at but their fear is. I was once one of them(not the amoeba of course hell no, but rabies).My fear but not me deseved to be riddiculed for that.

And to close this neverending argument: docotrs do take someone with possible cancer symptoms seriously; but they never ever take worries of brain eating nonsense seriously. Nuff said. End of discussion.

PS! I am not fearing cancer at the moment. But cancer is real, these other thing are not.

---------- Post added at 15:03 ---------- Previous post was at 14:57 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by hanshan View Post
    I'm wondering if NMP should open a sub-forum purely for rabies anxiety. Would seeing the other people with rabies anxiety bring people to a more reasonable appraisal of reality, or send them further down the rabbit hole?
    Hmm....yeah that could be. A forum where people could post fear of things like rabies, brain eating amoebas, bubonic plague, leprosy and other completely outlandish fears. Could be called The Twilight Zone. For those of you claiming I dont understand such fears; I had rabies anxiety back in 2003 and it IS completely outlandish and beyond to walk around fearing such stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by paranoid-viking View Post
    On this issue you and me can only agree that we disagree.
    Some anxiety is based on real life possibilites and often caused by someone close to you suffer an illness. Very different from this UFO like threads about rabies, brain eating amoebas and bubonic plauge; yeah there is even a thread on that one.

And yes; I did suffer rabies fear one time and I am 100% firm in saying that this is more laughable insanly riddicilous than fearing cancer and nothing in this world is going to change my mind about than. And brain eating amoebas? Here I am speechless and can only add: NO COMMENT.

Disclaimer: I am not saying that the people who fear rabies and BEA are insane, riddicilous and to be laughed at but their fear is. I was once one of them(not the amoeba of course hell no, but rabies).My fear but not me deseved to be riddiculed for that.

And to close this neverending argument: docotrs do take someone with possible cancer symptoms seriously; but they never ever take worries of brain eating nonsense seriously. Nuff said. End of discussion.

PS! I am not fearing cancer at the moment. But cancer is real, these other thing are not.
    Having a headache and fearing it is a brain tumour is more credible than these threads? Do you seriously think any doctor entertains many of the symptoms talked about on here?

You might as well fear being run over by a lorry on the moon.

The problem with this argument of cancer being real in terms of you getting it is that it creates a stigma within the anxiety community. It sends a message that one person's fear is to be taken more seriously than another. But no doctor is going to agree with that and they certainly don't base their assessments of our mental health on it either as can be seen by the distinct lack of them saying otherwise. Only some HAers think otherwise.

Like I said, probably none of my fears could kill or harm me. But to a doctor it won't be classed as less than someone fearing cancer...an imaginary cancer that is, not a real cancer hence just an invisible flying cancer bat.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information