Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beat visible in throat and now chest

Beat visible in the chest

Hello, Im 16 and for the past month, my heart beat has been visible in my throat and the sides of my neck. The strength of the beat usually varies but is random. It all started after I started going to the gym a month ago and is worst days after working out. Occasionally like today my throat has been feeling a bit weird like its blocked or swallowed or something. Few days ago I overworked myself in the gym as I was nauseous and felt a vomiting feeling in my throat. The problem of the heart beat in the throat went away last week for about 5 days last week before starting up again 2 days ago. Along with this I just noticed my chest and stomach faintly moving in the pace of my heartbeat just today and this is why im concerned as i had never notcied that before so I assume it has spead. Anyone know whats up Im extremely concerned my heart may fail on me or something haha

Beat visible in throat and now chest

Hello, Im 16 and for the past month, my heart beat has been visible in my throat and the sides of my neck. The strength of the beat usually varies but is random. It all started after I started going to the gym a month ago and is worst days after working out. Occasionally like today my throat has been feeling a bit weird like its blocked or swallowed or something. Few days ago I overworked myself in the gym as I was nauseous and felt a vomiting feeling in my throat. The problem of the heart beat in the throat went away last week for about 5 days last week before starting up again 2 days ago. Along with this I just noticed my chest and stomach faintly moving in the pace of my heartbeat just today and this is why im concerned as i had never notcied that before so I assume it has spead. Anyone know whats up Im extremely concerned my heart may fail on me or something haha

Re: Beat visible in the chest

We are living beings with blood coursing through our bodies. Our chests rise and fall with each breath and even at rest our bodies are constantly moving. You're hyper-focusing on perfectly normal bodily functions is all. I'd be more concerned if you didn't see or feel anything

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

When I was 16 I also had a visible pulse around the neck, chest and abdomen. I'm guessing that it is normal at that age.

Quote Originally Posted by hanshan View Post
    When I was 16 I also had a visible pulse around the neck, chest and abdomen. I'm guessing that it is normal at that age.
    You actually remember being 16? ~lol~ I barely remember yesterday anymore! Hope you're doing well Hanshan.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

How did you manage to get rid of it?

Quote Originally Posted by malaverge View Post
    How did you manage to get rid of it?
    You don't.

If you get rid of your pulse, you're probably dead.

You're worrying about something that isn't something to worry about. It's like worrying about having skin.

Re: Beat visible in throat and now chest

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    You don't.

If you get rid of your pulse, you're probably dead.

You're worrying about something that isn't something to worry about. It's like worrying about having skin.
    Ha! True Dat! I think the analogy should be like worrying about having hair. I think I've seen maybe 6 threads about hair (losing it) but skin? We all know how many mole and skin cancer threads are here

Positive thoughts

You said you had this at the same age. How long did it last for you and how long after did it stop being visible. Im scared because it only begun once I started going to the gym and Im not sure if its something serious like a problem with my heart

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information