Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High bilirubin detected on blood test

High bilirubin detected on blood test

Hi all 😊

I recently had a blood test and all came back normal apart from bilirubin - mine was raised at 24 when it should be 21. Doc has requested repeat blood tests in 8 weeks. I’ve been googling and have scared myself to death! 🙄 Does anybody know if there are harmless causes for increased bilirubin?

Thanks, Louise.

Re: High bilirubin detected on blood test

It can't be anything serious if the doctor is not worried and is prepared to wait 8 weeks to re-test it.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thank you Nicola 👍 Dr Google says it may be Gilbert’s Syndrome, but I don’t know. I’ve just started taking Sertraline, but doc says it’s nothing to do with that. Just have to wait and see what next blood tests say.

Yeah Dr Google will also tell you it is cancer lol.

Try and stay away from google and trust a real doctor.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi I had a blood test 2 weeks ago and all was normal apart from raised bilirubin but mine is higher than yours at 32. I was googling constantly to find out why etc. Doctor also told me it could be Gilbert’s Syndrome too. She said to have a re rest in 6 weeks (so 4 weeks from now)

Thanks Mumzy xx It does seem to point to Gilbert’s when bilirubin is raised but everything else is normal on blood tests. The good thing is Gilbert’s is harmless 😊. I’m 47, so I would have thought I would have been diagnosed by now as I’ve had blood tests in the past (pregnancy, etc). We’ll both have to see what the next blood tests say. I’ve never been yellow, I know that much

That’s one of the symptoms for GS isn’t it...yellowish skin! I haven’t either! I had my bloods done because I’ve had a lump by my collar bone for 3 years (had it scanned twice, apparently nothing to be concerned about) then I started itching a lot so I googled and it came back saying I have lymphoma! Scared shitless!! So now my bloods are normal apart from this one thing I have it in my head there must be something wrong! I really do my own head in!

Ah Mumzy, try not to worry as your bloods may be normal next time. Let me know how you get on

Will do thanks and you too

Will do! I have my blood tests beginning of August ��

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information