Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does this sound like IBS?

Does this sound like IBS?

I'm looking for some general advice or insights on this.

On and off this year I've been suffering from bouts of bad stomach pain and changes in toilet habits (gross I know!). I'm really starting to wonder if I have IBS.

For example this last week, I was absolutely fine up until Thursday where I had once again really bad stomach pains and loose bowel movements all day. I had it yesterday and it looks like I'm going to be suffering all day with it again today.

The pain is sort of like a constant ache/discomfort on my lower left tummy which gets worse if I move around a lot. Sometimes it will get really intense and then I'll find it will be gas as passing the gas makes the pain fade away. When the pain gets intense like that it tends to move about my stomach a bit before being relieved. Yesterday I noticed that sometimes I felt better after going to the toilet. Every time I eat it seems to go right through me.

Strangely I've noticed I feel an air of anxiousness and a hint of depression. I think I'm a tad worried about it but the depression is very unlike me. I don't usually suffer from depression. I've had vivid/weird dreams and wake up feeling a bit sad for no reason.

Does this sound like IBS? Or could it just be an upset stomach or a bug? I'm seeing a doctor on Friday and I'll mention this. I'm trying to stay as positive as I can despite suffering a bit. I have to keep telling myself that it will pass but my anxiety is trying to convince me it will last forever!

As a footnote I would also like to mention that this place is really great and really helps me.

edit: should also mention I find that my pain is totally gone when I wake up in the morning. Then it gradually comes back as I wake up and eat. It's like my stomach goes to sleep in the night.
    Last edited by kalny; 16-06-18 at 09:03.

Re: Does this sound like IBS?

Hi, I am going through something very similar, I can go a couple of days of feeling ok but then I can become very ill, and severe diarrhoea with gas, bloating and like a burning dull ache.
    I keep trying to tell myself it’s ibs and nothing more serious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Noworryjonny View Post
    Hi, I am going through something very similar, I can go a couple of days of feeling ok but then I can become very ill, and severe diarrhoea with gas, bloating and like a burning dull ache.
    I keep trying to tell myself it’s ibs and nothing more serious

Oh hey man! Have you been to a doctor about it yet?

Yea they’ve told me it’s ibs because of the symptoms do you have the burning dull ache and Diarrhea?

Yea they’ve told me it’s ibs because of the symptoms do you have the burning dull ache and Diarrhea?

Oh interesting yes. I get occasional burning sensation sort of in the center of my stomach along with the pain upper/lower left. I've had Diarrhea since yesterday with this horrible thing!

Oh man, I saw something online about colon cancer and now I'm really worried :(

It sounds JUST like IBS!

Quote Originally Posted by susie1 View Post
    It sounds JUST like IBS!
    Thanks for your input I'm going to try and get a doctors appointment today (it's difficult to get one nowdays)

I've also noticed that at night when I do eventually manage to go to sleep, upon waking my stomach will be completely dormant. It can sometimes give me false hope as I'm like "oh it's over!" and then a few minutes my stomach wakes up.

Sorry if this is tmi but last night I ate prawn cocktail and for main I had pork with veg, I woke up with no belly pain and I had a poo which looked normal no diarrhoea or anything, I keep thinking about my tummy and it does hurt a bit, but I’ve never had blood in stools or losing weight, I only seem to have Diarrhea if I eat something fatty or rich, surely this ibs or food intolerance not crohns right?

Sorry if this is tmi but last night I ate prawn cocktail and for main I had pork with veg, I woke up with no belly pain and I had a poo which looked normal no diarrhoea or anything, I keep thinking about my tummy and it does hurt a bit, but I’ve never had blood in stools or losing weight, I only seem to have Diarrhea if I eat something fatty or rich, surely this ibs or food intolerance not crohns right?

Hi exactly mate, but if you aren't sure always best to get checked by your Gp ATB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information