Thread: Mucous/oil film on top of toilet water? Malabsorption? Help?

Mucous/oil film on top of toilet water? Malabsorption? Help?

So this is going to be a little graphic, and I am sorry. However, I did go #2 today, and it was a completely normal BM. I noticed a faint 'sheen' on the top of the water...faint enough that you would need to look at it in the light to see it. Anyway, about 2 hours later I had the urge to go, which ended up being a small case of diarrhea. When I looked, there was a lot of 'swirly' semi-translucent cloudiness on the top of the water with some fecal particles in it. I can't discern if that is normal with diarrhea in general, is mucous, or if I am in a malabsorption state and this is oil. The stools aren't smelly or visually different at all, and for the most part they sink.

Re: Mucous/oil film on top of toilet water? Malabsorption? Help?

Hey, don't wait until it goes any further. You need to see your doctor and do not try to guess your diagnosis using Google.

Re: Mucous/oil film on top of toilet water? Malabsorption? Help?

Please read the below message from Admin. You are posting about a lot of different things frequently. Perhaps start a thread where you can keep all of your worries in one place.

Can posters, especially those who are posting a lot about a variety of fears please confine their posts to one thread.

This helps others to build up a clear picture of what is happening and makes it easier to offer suitable advice.

You may not see the pattern but usually it is there, especially if you are posting frequently about different things.

Your co-operation with this would be greatly appreciated.

Elen

Thread Information