Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: anxiety has taken over

Re: anxiety has taken over

Hi Rad,
    Im so sorry for not replying sooner, lifes been pretty colourful over the past 8 moths or so.
    Watching the news today i saw that london and the south east are being put into tier 4, i thought about you immediately.
    I packed the engineering job in last month, it just wasnt working for me taking orders from people who dont know what they are talking about, talk about
    teaching your grandma to suck eggs !!
    Im back with my soninlaw doing the furniture again and getting better paid than the engineering for less hours. My wife has only just restarted work since she was laid of way back in march, so things could be on the up.. Thats providing they get this bloody covid under control, which doesn't seem that likely at
    the moment.
    I had to let the house go we were renting, we are fully back down at the caravan again(im loving it) just couldnt afford to keep it with everything thats been going on.
    Did my Christmas shop this morning, it was crazy in tescos, i almost bottled it and came out, but there was beer to be bought lol.
    Im glad you are still pottering on with your work, and you have finally got a settlement on the cards, keep at it my friend, and try not to let everything
    thats going off at the moment in the world get you down.
    i hope you have a good Christmas with your daughter and partner, and anyone else you manage to see. For me its just the wife and myself Jess and Smudge.
    Its always good to here from you, i need to expand my horizons a little as far as technology is concerned, im still on windows 7 lol, and its no longer supported by microsoft, so you can imagine the fun i have every time i try to use it!!!
    All the best wishes in the world,
    your friend Otterman..

Otters how fantastic to hear from you. I am so pleased to hear you are ticking over nicely at the van and well stocked for Christmas with your wife, Jess and Smudge. Sounds like a good gathering to me. Glad to hear you are back at the furniture, you must be an expert now. This year has been so very strange. The phone went dead work wise as it all seemed to be about survival, but strangely I let myself go with the flow and over the summer had wonderful walks in Wimbledon common which is not far. I thought it interesting that everyone around got to experience the huge uncertainty that seems to have followed me through my life. I don't mean that in a nasty way, I wouldn't wish the struggles Ive been through on anyone. Just suddenly everyone seemed to be in the same boat for a change. I've had a few wobbles in the past weeks. More money going out than coming in, but I have saved for such eventualities so coping better than expected. I reckon if I was off the meds, i'd have collapsed into a bad way again. Then I'd be starting the meds again which would have meant 2 months of insomnia and increased anxiety from hell that we veterans got through together. Fingers crossed I can stay calm. My girl is 9 now and Im incredibly proud the way she is developing into a lovely girl. She does piano lessons at school and we have an upright at home we got from a charity shop a couple of year back. Recently she did a school concert on zoom and played a beautiful little piece. Far better than I ever did at school. Anyways, fingers crossed 2021 is a good year, or at least it ends better than it starts.
    I will be in touch again soon. best, Rad1

Quote Originally Posted by Rad1 View Post
    Otters how fantastic to hear from you. I am so pleased to hear you are ticking over nicely at the van and well stocked for Christmas with your wife, Jess and Smudge. Sounds like a good gathering to me. Glad to hear you are back at the furniture, you must be an expert now. This year has been so very strange. The phone went dead work wise as it all seemed to be about survival, but strangely I let myself go with the flow and over the summer had wonderful walks in Wimbledon common which is not far. I thought it interesting that everyone around got to experience the huge uncertainty that seems to have followed me through my life. I don't mean that in a nasty way, I wouldn't wish the struggles Ive been through on anyone. Just suddenly everyone seemed to be in the same boat for a change. I've had a few wobbles in the past weeks. More money going out than coming in, but I have saved for such eventualities so coping better than expected. I reckon if I was off the meds, i'd have collapsed into a bad way again. Then I'd be starting the meds again which would have meant 2 months of insomnia and increased anxiety from hell that we veterans got through together. Fingers crossed I can stay calm. My girl is 9 now and Im incredibly proud the way she is developing into a lovely girl. She does piano lessons at school and we have an upright at home we got from a charity shop a couple of year back. Recently she did a school concert on zoom and played a beautiful little piece. Far better than I ever did at school. Anyways, fingers crossed 2021 is a good year, or at least it ends better than it starts.
    I will be in touch again soon. best, Rad1
    I'm sorry for jumping on your post I'm 30 years old and I have been suffering with anxiety and panic attacks for over 20 years now I was on citlapram for it they stopped working 18 days ago I tested positive for covid all I had was a sore throat and stuffy nose but since then my attacks have been worse then ever I instantly felt like I was going to die I got moved onto venlafaxine 12 days ago 5days at 37.5mg and a week at 75mg I've been feeling like I'm just going to stop breathing chest tight feel like a lump in my throat I shake I look at my husband and kids and get sad thinking I'm not gonna be here much longer feel like I'm just going to stop breathing and don't know why I'm thinking this I took another covid test hoping it show a negative to jog my mind back to how it was before I found I had it but 12 days since last positive and it came back positive again and then it sent me into another panic thinking omg it's still in my body it's going to take me I'm so scared that I can't seem to control my thoughts the thought of thinking I'm dying every day is so exhausting I don't want nothing to be wrong with me I want to be my happy self again I'm scared I'm going to be like this forever and I'm never going to feel me again please if you get to read this give me any reassurance that I am ok I'm not going to just stop breathing my husband I feel as if I'm going to push him away and I be all on my own it's Christmas in 2 days I should be excited for the children but just keep thinking I'm going to end up in hospital unable to breathe and I just don't know why all my symptoms of covid has now gone so I'm worrying if it's still inside and I'm going to get bad I just feel so lost with it all I hope you didn't mind me jumping on your post thank you so much if you get the chance to read this

Kalie, I am so sorry to read how terrified you feel. I know all to well how it feels to lose control. It becomes incredibly hard to function. It’s hard to look after oneself let alone little ones. Coronavirus is scary. But you will come through this ok, and your little ones will keep you distracted and give you purpose. I hope your symptoms have settled down and you start to feel better. Everyone I know who has had it has recovered 100%. That’s about 9 people. Try and allow yourself to relax for 15 mins. Online there are loads of great videos to help you. You will turn this around and move forward.

Thank you for your reply the last 3 weeks have been horrible to go through the same thing every day I was hoping by retesting and knowing for sure it's left I body I would start to be ok but it made me worse because it still come back positive just want to feel me again not like I'm feeling ill everyday hoping for better days

Hi, its been a long long time since i posted on the site, time recently as past with such speed it is scary.
    I have managed throughout the pandemic with minimal anxiety, i have lost love ones and friends very close to
    me and my family. Im still taking my fluoxatine 20 mg daily but recent events have begun to shake my world
    substantially.
    I try not to worry about things too much anymore ( easier said than done) but the events that are taking place in
    the world at the moment are without doubt my worst nightmare. Im not a religious man as such but on some occasions
    i offer a prayer, this time its for an end to the suffering and fighting in the Ukraine.
    I know from experience that the events unfolding in the world will be effecting peoples anxiety from around the globe, its not too late
    for a peaceful resolution, and i hope and pray that is the case.
    Rad 1 , i hope you are doing ok, and coping, its been too long since we chatted my old friend.
    Take care everyone, love will conquer all x

Otters, I’ve been thinking of you. Yes a very long time indeed. I hope you are on good form. Lots to tell you about. I will soon. Cheers

Hi Otters, I’m not using the site at all this past year. But I consider you a close pal and I want to ask how you are keeping and let you have my news. I think I may have said, but I got offered some work about 18 months ago. Temporary, see how I would do etc. Well I’m still here! I earned decent money and it’s all helped me get back in a better way. At the start I’d drive in to work with a foggy head feeling ever so nervous. Not knowing how to use the software and with no experience in the field of work. I’ve never worked so hard, long hours, pressure, catching up on weekends too, I wanted to keep it so much. The boss has been tough, shouting at me once or twice and pulling me to bits which was unfair. I felt like walking out but I stuck it. I’m not sure if it’ll last much longer as the business has dipped. But it built my confidence and got my dignity back and I’ll be eternally grateful for them giving me a go. And I’m proud of me sticking it so long. I also got the money owed to me from the previous work. You will recall I stuck out at a legal battle for 2 years, but I won. So some uncertainty is on the way again but I’m managing to cope with that. Not sure if that’ll revert to a panic later and some anxiety, but I’m gonna try and break the pattern and instead stay calm. I went off meds about 2 months ago. I had a wobble. But I also had a fab holiday which I enjoyed. If you get this, please let me know how u r.

Otters, I’m sorry to say since I wrote the above I have gradually got more and more nervous again. I’m now filled with anxiety and will need to give up my job. I can’t function at all well and I’m not sleeping. I am back in the torture of thinking of starting SSRI s with the worsening symptoms. I reckon I was feeling the start of it when I posted the last message.
    Say a prayer 🙏🏽. Best, Rad
    Last edited by Rad1; 02-11-22 at 20:56. Reason: Spelling

Hi Rad,

Sorry to jump on this thread. I was just reading through the forum for some positive stories and came across the messages between you and Otterman. What an amazing support you guys were for each other. It was really heartwarming to read!

I’m sorry to hear the anxiety has returned for you since you’ve come off the meds. I’m kind of in the same boat. I was on fluoxetine until two months ago and as life was going good I decided to come off them. The last few weeks have been a nightmare and I’m now on day 9 of restarting 20mg fluoxetine.

Anyway, I hope you’re doing ok and shout if you need a supportive ear as seems like we’re in the same situation.

x

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread Information