Thread: C shaped light flash after moving eyes to the side quickly

C shaped light flash after moving eyes to the side quickly

22 male here, untreated astigmatism in right eye since a kid.

Recently I became really anxious about a brain tumor/ms and I've been freaking out about all of my senses - I "had" dysphagia, dysphasia, tingling in fingers, tinnitus and so on. Most of my "symptoms" went away after getting reassured by doctors and online. Anyways, I've been paying close attention to my vision recently. I've been checking my peripheral vision, if i have pain on movement of eye and so on. Today though, when I was at school, I was kinda jolting my eyes left and right, and consistently after looking left, I was noticing C shaped white flash of light that lasted a split second. Of course my anxiety kicked in and I started to do it since couple of hours. Sometimes I can recreate it, sometimes I can't. I'm tired of looking right and left so here I am. I hope that it just falls under the same category as getting floaters when rubbing eyes or something.

Re: C shaped light flash after moving eyes to the side quickly

So you're performing bizarre self-testing behaviors that no normal human being would ever do and experiencing a strange symptom? Go figure!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

THis happened to me a few months ago. It totally freaked me out. I got my eyes checked by an ophthalmologist and everything looked fine. It subsided after a few days but I still have a bit of an after image at times. I think maybe it was a blood vessel.

I have something similar going on now, you can read my latest post. How did things turn out for you? Did this happen to you in a light environment or dim? Mine is usually against a white wall in my office.

Quote Originally Posted by LilyLabVA View Post
    I have something similar going on now, you can read my latest post. How did things turn out for you? Did this happen to you in a light environment or dim? Mine is usually against a white wall in my office.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    So you're performing bizarre self-testing behaviors that no normal human being would ever do and experiencing a strange symptom? Go figure!
    Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Mostu View Post
    I've been paying close attention to my vision recently. I've been checking my peripheral vision
    Why??

Thread Information