Thread: Anxiety off the scale

Anxiety off the scale

I went to the GP Thursday and was prescribed Cipralex, after one small dose I was climbing the walls, I felt as if a fire work was going off in my body. A perminent Fight or Flight situation. This was just hours after taking it. I called the doctor at midday today and he said to stop and take them back to the chemist and get Paroxetine.

I have read some other peoples feed back on Paroxetine and I must say I'm freightened about them. I was told to start in the morning and I am really worried. I don't want to live my life always in fear of the worst, however what I havd expirienced today was awful - my hands are still shaking.

Can anyone advise please??

George

Re: Anxiety off the scale

George

Sorry to hear this.

I cannot tolerate meds and had to stop Citalopram as it made me feel 10 times worse.

Meds aren't the only answer though so there are other ways if you don't want to take them.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi Nicola,

I have tried Yoga, I run now which is good, take vitimins and don't eat as many take aways as I used to. I seem to be running out of options, I really don't want to take meds I agree.

Thanks Nicola for the fast response, I appreciate it.
    George

George

Ok what about some kind of CBT or recovery course.

You could try the No panic course that is done over the telephone and may help.

My best advice is - relaxation, breathing exercises, good diet, exercise, vitamin B complex, positive self talking and above all the belief that you can do this.

I know it is hard but with practise it will come - slowly at first but in time it will help.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Nicola,

I am waiting for an appointment for a new therapist for CBT, probably another couple of weeks away. I will try and stay focused and positive, Breathings good, its amazing how it can relax you - Thanks

Still unsure about Paroxetine, I will see how brave I am in the morning. The main reason I have turned to Medication is I have some difficult times ahead at work and everyday I face many problems, because thats what I do when things get tough, solve company problems. Its a shame I find it difficult to fix my own

Its only my 2nd day on the site, and already feel more at home.

Thanks
    George

Thread Information