Thread: 16 and (hopefully not) Pregnant

16 and (hopefully not) Pregnant

I truly hope this hasn’t been posted before...I’m not used to forum controls, so I am not sure if I am doing this right, especially since I am limited to mobile.
    I thinks it’s one of the biggest fears of most girls my age. Teen pregnancy. Getting shunned from your peers and even your parents. As someone with bad health anxiety, I am prone to go on Google searches for hours when I feel something strange.
    My current fear is pregnancy. I have a very regular period. Every month on the day, without fail, for 3 days a month. This month, I am late by a few days. I have never had sex, but a quick Google search told me that if any semen even gets close to your vaginal opening, you have a chance of getting pregnant. My boyfriend and I have had some kind of contact this month, but I fear that going into detail will make this sexually explicit. Any real sexual contact has not happened, but I will say that if something was on his hands...well, I could be in trouble, despite telling him to stop very quickly.
    I noticed last week that I was not having any of my typical PMS symptoms. I then went on a long train of searches that told me, yes, I could be pregnant without having sex. I began to panic, and a few days later I began feeling the PMS symptoms that are also associated with early pregnancy. Of course, I read up on a bunch of symptoms and began convincing myself I had the pregnancy-specific symptoms. I have had breast pain, mild cramping, lower back pain (now gone), headaches, fatigue, high heart rate, shakiness, low appetite, insomnia, etc.
    I told my mom the other day that I was late. She immediately questioned if I was pregnant. I said no, but I have that scared part of my brain umsettled. I don’t know how I would explain to her if I was pregnant. I told her if it doesn’t come within a few days to take me to the doctor, but I am still afraid of what I may see and it’s causing me a great deal of unease.
    It is worth mentioning that I have been exposed to family issue recently and the stress of thinking my boyfriend may be breaking up with me, so I don’t know if that stress could cause a missed period. I have bad anxiety as well and seasonal depression that has started to kick in, and my mom has a thyroid problem that I may have inherited and beginning to show. With this kind of information, do any of you think I should be very worried about pregnancy? Or are my fears a figment of my imagination?

I also apologize for the length of this...I go deep into detail. I just need to know if I am freaking out for nothing. I haven’t been able to sleep and have been constantly shaking at the notion of pregnancy. I just want to know if people think it’s more likely a combination fo my health and stress or if I could be pregnant.
    Last edited by healthandpanic; 21-06-18 at 17:57.

Re: 16 and (hopefully not) Pregnant

I honestly do not think you have anything to worry about. At your age, despite being regular it's not unusual for a cycle to get thrown off. I'd give it couple of weeks to see if your period comes.

Re: 16 and (hopefully not) Pregnant

I’m sure you’re fine. I’ve never heard of anyone getting pregnant that way before. It’s probably the anxiety that is delaying things. Perhaps talk to your boyfriend about your concerns in future - I predict he doesn’t want to be a Dad either!
    You sound like you know yourself and your anxiety well. It wouldn’t harm to go and get the thyroid tests would it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information