Thread: Spiraling and need help

Spiraling and need help

My elderly dad just finished having three back surgeries in a row and he son a lot of pain. I have been a mess. Crying everyday, shaking like a leave and fearing the worst. I have been using my clonazapam which helps at Rome’s however it doesn’t cure all my symptoms. I need to get it together for my dad. How can I calm down my nervous system after it being revved up for days,

Also I wake up trembling everyday. I’m worried this is a sign of diabetes or high or low blood sugar. Could this all be anxiety related? It’s been going on for over a month now.

I am also due to have my period next week and I wonder if that’s adding to all of this.
    Please help me figure this out. How can I relax and think positive. My stomachs is in knots . Thankfully my dad had is final surgery yesterday and he is in recovery and pain management mode.

Smile Re: Spiraling and need help

Dear Ethansmom, I am so sorry you are going through this. This is yet another part of anxiety that I hate - it overtakes us in times of crisis and sometimes renders us unable to help ourselves or others. My husband has Stage 4 lung cancer. I hate it that some days he does more for me than I do for him.

I take medication and am in therapy. I meditate. I listen to self-help audios. I pray LOTS. I do mindfulness exercises. And, I walk when my depression isn't overpowering. These are all good things for you to try.

I also go through periods of time where I wake up trembling. I worried and went to my doc. He assured me I was fine. He said it's quite normal to wake up trembling when you have anxiety. I think sugar levels can cause this to happen too, so if you haven't been tested for a while, you might want to get checked out.

And hormones . . . oh my!! I am on the other end of this roller coaster ride. I stopped taking estrogen three years ago when I had an almost cancerous breast lump removed. My anxiety and depression have been so hard to treat since then. Hormones can absolutely make a difference. I have a darling daughter who is pregnant and her mood swings would make your head spin

I'm so glad your father is almost through this difficult experience. It sounds like the huge stress you've been under is coming to an end. I bet you will start feeling better soon.

Hang in there. I really think you'll feel lots better soon.

Re: Spiraling and need help

Thank you for being so kind. Just knowing this is normal has helped me tremendously. Thankfully, today I am feeling a bit better-- maybe because it's Friday and the weekend is near.

I did meditate last night and fell asleep. Today I was shaking when I woke up, but it did stop after about 20 minutes on it's own. I have a doctor's check up appointment in August, so I will make sure to ask about that. I'm sure it's anxiety related (or at least I hope).
    Thank you.

Re: Spiraling and need help

Hi there! Sorry you’re dealing with so much - that’s tough. I don’t know much about the drug you’re taking, but I take Effexor (Venlafaxine), and I often wake up trembling as a result. Just wanted to throw that out there as I know some medicines can cause trembling, especially when waking up!

Thread Information